Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • SpikeMike
    51 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 3:18 PM

In a multiplayer round (3 or 4 players) when one player disconnects, the others go to the lobby and wait. If a second player disconnects while in the lobby, the clock disappears and the only button available to the remaining player(s) is return to Main Menu, and they are forced to take a DNF.

• Kristoff181
    45 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 6:34 PM

Sorry just saw this but happened to me 4 or 5 times in a 2 hour period starting roughly 5 hours ago

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 9:16 AM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:48 PM

TopShelf2010:
    All should be back to normal today.

But it's not.  The rollout to different servers is taking fairly long.  Most of the bugs still exist in my game - and that is after complete cache clearing.  Maybe my server is in Timbuktu!

Maybe tomorrow!

• 16hndcp
    38 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 5:15 AM

All of this i do understand but why cant i now change avatars. bought a new one yesterday and now cant change it all i get is a blank white screen.... it never loads??? 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 12:42 PM

16hndcp:

All of this i do understand but why cant i now change avatars. bought a new one yesterday and now cant change it all i get is a blank white screen.... it never loads??? 

Mobile or PC?

If PC, this has been one of the bugs if you select Equipment from your profile - it may be fixed by now but you may need to totally clear all caches from your browser for it to work.

Alternatively, you can get to your equipment and avatar on PC on the gameclient page.  Get there by clicking the "Play Now" button and then click the avatar by "My Equipment".  That should work.

GL.

• Kristoff181
    45 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 9:30 PM

Just a quick follow up.  During the roll out I was booted from Oakmont on several occasions while trying to play with several members from my club.  As it turned out the real problem was that once out the option that was missing from me was Continue the Match ...  Rejoining was not an option...i was not linked to the game but instead taken straight back to the home screen.

This, underlying problem, eluded until later when a player in a later match needed to back out and come back....all players were taken back to the waiting area to rejoin while I went straight to the home screen with no way back. 

All told I was charged with 10 DNFs and have contacted WGT admin regarding it as I'd rather not spend the next 80 odd rounds with a yellow check.

They were quick to respond but requested additional information...My response was...I have very few dnfs that result from my regular playing partners dropping a game a couple holes into a round to go back and pick up another player that messaged one of us. Then...suddenly the day of the roll out I had 7 in less than 2hrs followed by 3 more over the next 4hrs hoping the problem was resolved.  That was several days ago and all I received was a survey asking how my experience went Good or Bad?  No option for ...Issue unresolved.

Now...I'm very frustrated. I just hit level 85 and wish to upgrade clubs again but I can't shell out another $70 on irons and woods when I'm stuck with the yellow check stigma...ie "you're a quitter"

Thanks,

Chris

The Bushwackers

• Kristoff181
    45 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 8:57 PM

still nothing nothing from wgt....though apparently some of the champs I regularly play with from my club have also emailed WGT on my behalf.  Much appreciated but WGT did not respond to them either.

So,

I'm still not playing other than taking a few swings here and there. 

I'm still not spending any money on new clubs, balls or anything else that I'd avg blowing $50-150/week on since joining. 

And...most importantly...I'm starting to forget why and the hell i wasted the time and money given now the bad memories seem to outnumber the good and ALL to good are of the people I've met and played and gotten to know

Oh yeah...Hit 2 buckets at the driving range yesterday...hot as hell but I hit pretty well...my swings not great but smooth and consistent and only mine to GLITCH

:)  :)   :)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 2:59 PM

RSS