THE RYDER CUP

Sat, Oct 9 2010 10:16 AM (37 replies)
  • craiger85
    47 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:51 AM

lilrob88:

nickuk:

EDIT...europe!! 

i can always make pancakes sweaty......a nice american girl gave me the recipe once!(authentic)

secret ingredient......... LOVE

Ugh. The last thing I want to eat are sweaty pancakes made with "love."

• paddysim2010
    124 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:09 AM

food haha,,,,mcdowell 2 finish it...u can hav ur cake and eat it....it wud take da yanks n brits ta fight over food,,,,come 2 ireland,,u dont knw wat obese means haha,,,,,GO EUROPE ,GO DA EURO.....

• paddysim2010
    124 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:30 AM

shut up 4 two years yankee doodle dandy hahahahah

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:48 AM

What a good Ryder Cup. Good play all round, Best Ryder for years.

My heart go's out to you USA that was close.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:41 AM

luckysump:
    What a good Ryder Cup. Good play all round, Best Ryder for years.

Without a doubt, Lucky. From the gloom of that miserable Saturday/Sunday performance to that finish was fun to watch. Heh-Mahan finished himself with a chip that was more like what I would do there. LOL McDowell was not to be denied after he went 2 up on Mahan's birdie whiff earlier. 

How good can it get going down to the 17th hole on the last day? Good win for Europe.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 9:39 AM

Brilliant competition in the end after a real possibility of the weather destroying it before a ball was struck.

Some fantastic individual performances on both sides. Westwood, Poulter & G-Mac for Europe, Stricker, Tiger, Fowler & Overton for the US.

Great to see Tiger back in the kind of form that makes him such a special player.

Well done Monty, a real Ryder Cup legend!!!

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:25 AM

Pavin's choices were questionable to say the least...I don't think will see him Captain the American team again.

But Europe played well and reluctantly deserves the win.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:35 AM

I have a little different opinion.  I would like to see a captain appointed for 4 cups rather than picking a good player every other year.  Good players don't necessarily equal a good captain as Pavin proved this week.  The captain has to pay a lot of attention to detail (ie: the rainsuits) and understand the dynamics of the play, which Pavin failed at by bad pairings.

I would also like to see them do away with the blind draw and sitting players out.  I think having 6 matches Friday and Saturday mornings and afternoons in which all 12 players have to play would be better.  Regarding the draw, I would like to see each Captain post and then the other Captain respond to it, allowing each an alternating first post so it would be even, can you imagine how fun the pairing would be then.

Overall a great Cup even with the horrible weather.

• CU1234
    5 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:25 PM

It really did turn into a wonderful event.  Congrats to the Euros.  A shot or 2 here and there and it goes the other way.  So much better than the blowouts the last 3 times out. Hopefully we will get some close competitions from here on.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:35 PM

Maybe by 2012 WGT will have a legitimate Ryder Cup set up here. Heh-you think Obama's COS wants to be mayor of Chicago because of this?  LOL

RSS