Forums

Help › Forums

R1 Level 93 Special Edition

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:45 PM (195 replies)
  • Brute407
    162 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 10:29 AM

I missed buying the R1 special edition by 1 day the last time it was out.  Not too fair to have most people my level hitting it and I have to hit a sub par driver.  Will this be available in the near future as a special?  East way to make $40 bucks off me.

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 12:25 PM

Yes....After the newest update I  was hoping to see this driver on sale for the summer.     Why because  I Have said it once and I will say it again.  The R1 Level 93 Black --Hits 10/12 yards further than any other driver out there.   I will say it again a dinged drive the R1 Black goes 10/12 yards further.  Depending on wind.. I recon this is why a majority of all top players still use the Low Level 93 Driver.  Even when there like level 102 and 108.     Donnie    

P.S.   Not really worth crying over anymore.  Just pisses me off when I have to use a 3 iron after my tee shot and my opponent gets to use his 4 iron.   ffs   :)   

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 12:48 PM

TDSLIMIT:
    The R1 Level 93 Black --Hits 10/12 yards further than any other driver out there.

It does not. I am sure you have it mixed up with Bertha

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 2:29 PM

IIRC it was TaylorMade who caused the offer of the R1 as a Limited Edition (Black) at Level 93 here at WGT to support a promotion TaylorMade had going on in the real world.

Such can be the situation with product licensing agreements.

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 2:54 PM

The level 96 BB hits just as far!

TDSLIMIT:

Yes....After the newest update I  was hoping to see this driver on sale for the summer.     Why because  I Have said it once and I will say it again.  The R1 Level 93 Black --Hits 10/12 yards further than any other driver out there.   I will say it again a dinged drive the R1 Black goes 10/12 yards further.  Depending on wind.. I recon this is why a majority of all top players still use the Low Level 93 Driver.  Even when there like level 102 and 108.     Donnie    

P.S.   Not really worth crying over anymore.  Just pisses me off when I have to use a 3 iron after my tee shot and my opponent gets to use his 4 iron.   ffs   :)   

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 6:57 PM

I know  I know......  the reason so many top players use the Lower Level 93  R1 black driver is because  it  doesn't hit as far as the others..   get real.     Explain as to why 75% players above level 93 use that driver.         I mean you got some who are level 108 and still use the R1.

I already know the answer to this question.   The black R1 hits further than any other driver made.    Hints the fact most top players use it.  Even when there is much higher level drivers available for sale.        

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 7:26 PM

Does the black R1 hit further than the white one at 98?

Did you actually go look at the bags of EVERY top player and note who had what driver?

How did you, in your infinite wisdom, decide, who the top players were?

Could the reason they have that driver and are over L93 be that maybe they haven't gotten to 96 or 98 to get anything else?

Or maybe they still play the black, like i do, because there really isn't a whole lot of difference between most of these high level drivers, so why drop another 3K or 4k on a new one, when it aint gonna change anything?

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 7:38 PM

TDSLIMIT:
    The black R1 hits further than any other driver made. 

I find it funny you dont have any of the top 4 drivers (yes 4) but yet the best is the lvl 93 r1 you are just kidding yourself 

Out of the top 10 money leaders so far guess how many have the black r1 yep 0

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 7:49 PM

Well peeking at your equipment   jsweet.  Seems you have upgraded your 3wood  to the new Bertha.  And you have changed your irons to the newly introduced Nikes that came out a few months back.     However you have choose to stay with the R1 Black.   

Your Level 98 which is 5 Levels above what It took to get the Black R1.    Now that's 5 levels and we both know it takes a very long time to move up 5 Levels once you get into the 90s.    Getting from Level 93 to 98 would take your probably over a year depending on how much you play.      And depending if you choose to use any power up boosts.    Now with that said  why  I call BS on your excuse as to why you haven't choose a Higher Level driver.  But have choose higher Level Irons and 3wood.     Fact is there seems to be a glitch with the Black R1 if you choose the right spin  there is no outdriving it.  And like ive said before  mostly 10/12 yards further.     Hints why you get to use a 4 iron into greens why I am stuck with using my 3 iron.  Or here is another example.     I teed off with the SLDR and My buddy Leftysway Used the R1 Black we both dinged and we both used full back spin as the wind was 18 mph at our backs.   And with a heavy tailwind I like to get the ball elevated for more carry.    The R1 goes so much further he uses his 3 iron into the green  while Im stuck still using my 3 wood.    Lol   there are a few times I can outdrive him.  I use the SLDR and when I do outdrive him its when I miss the ding.   Which in my eyes is a glitch.  Because whenever you miss the ding either late or early it should decrease some of your shots yardage  not increase it.  Which it seems to do with The SLDR..   Again seems some of these drivers have certain glitches built within.   Seems that way to me anyway   some holes I can get more yardage by going 95% ON my drivers power than when I go the full 100%.. Now explain that how does a 95% power drive go further than a 100 full power drive.  Both shots dinged?    There little tricks to this trade.   You just gotta figure them out.     :)       Donnie 

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 8:00 PM

Just as to enlighten you spdemon.    Back months and months ago before I took a much needed long break from the game.  I use to have the R1 Black.   I sold it along with all my other equipment I use to have when I sent gifts to my buddies hoping I wasn't gonna be returning to this cash cow they call a video game.   But I am back and well after over 4 years spent here.  I would say Im entitled to my opinion.  And well that opinion is The R1 Black has some sort of built in glitch and seems in my eyes to go further by 10/12 yards than any other driver.  Depending on the wind and what spin you use.       MY OPINION 

And I challenge you we can take the R1 Black line put it up against every other driver.  All using the same ball and spin. all with the same wind.     We hit out shots 100% full power and ding it.  And I bet all 22k in credits I have the R1 Black goes further.    And most of the time 10/12 yards further.   :)         FACT.    

RSS