Forums

Help › Forums

alternate shot game ruined by wgt

Sat, May 30 2020 9:07 AM (29 replies)
  • oldslyone
    435 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:17 PM
    i loved playing alternate shot games it was one of the best ways to meet everyone and also have some fun and practice without getting penalised  so why have wgt made it so difficult now by locking games not fun any more (that is if you can find anyone else who wants to play)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 9:22 PM
    What makes you think that they are locked? And how?
  • oldslyone
    435 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 2:29 AM

The game mode is locked on alternate shot games, you can alter only practice games on your own, without any invitations to friends

• oldslyone
    435 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 1:15 PM

oldslyone:

The game mode is locked on alternate shot games, you can alter only practice games on your own, without any invitations to friends

is anyone else managing to get a game on alternate shots now or does wgt just not want anyone to enjoy the game anymore

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 9:22 PM
    It's working fine here. It's the same as it always was.
  • suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 10:11 PM

Been the same as it always has been.

No issues here.

You must be doing something wrong in setting up of the game or looking for 1.

If you are doing everything correctly and still having an issue please take screen shot or photo and post the link here to the photo..

• pbbirch
    115 Posts
    Thu, May 15 2014 5:29 AM

I am having the same issue.   When I select Alt/Shot the game mode is locked and I cant change it.  I can only change the Course.

I didn't do anything to create this... About a week ago when I went into Alt Shot there it was.  Now I cannot find anyone who wants to play alt shot..   how sad!!!  And WGT does not seem to care.  I wish there was another game in town that I could go to..

• oldslyone
    435 Posts
    Fri, May 16 2014 12:41 PM

i can assure you i am doing nothing wrong been playing for two years and i have changed nothing it happened after last wgt close down

• oldslyone
    435 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 11:33 PM

Well nothing changes alternate shot game is still the same unplayable.

When you invite friends to have a friendly game you should be able to set it to what format you like especially in the alternate shot game its a great way of making friends.

The way wgt has set up these games now is impossible for players lower than tour legends and no one wants to play it any more for example over 20 mph winds tournement

greens hit it 1ft it goes7ft its not golf .I am sure if you put the settings back to let the players select you would definately bring the alternate shot game back to life and put the fun back in WGT.

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 11:37 PM

What he is saying is that you cannot change from "Scored" mode to "Practice" mode.  Therefore he cannot set his own tees, winds, pins etc for custom, unranked games.

And he is correct.  It appears you are not able to play A/S in practice mode at this time.

@WGT Nothing special to reproduce, simply click ALTERNATE SHOT in the game client and on the ensuing page take note of the lock icon on the "SCORED" option.  It's also greyed out.  We would expect it to be not locked and greyed out.

There, now we've reported the problem AND directed them where to solve it.  This gets things done quicker.

RSS