Forums

Help › Forums

Swing Meter Performance

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:13 AM (4 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 1:34 AM

I think that swing meter issues have little to do with the WGT server or their gaming software !!  Maybe when there is high trafffic on the site sometimes? More likely your own specific ISP, your link or your computer set up.

My set up is not perfect by any means. I play off a laptop (reasonably new), wireless modem - and Australias a long way from Bethpage Black  :-)  But I dont get many swing meter problems - reason we do have a very good ADSL2 service where I live. Other suburbs do not have that - and boy does it make a difference.

Oh - and make sure you have a good quality mouse to. It does make a big difference on timing for the swing meter.

My 2 bobs worth

Cheers Doug

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 5:13 AM

There is an issue with the swing bar and friends notification they know about and they will be fixing it in the future.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/2332.aspx

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 7:27 AM

Hi,

Yeh maybe there is. That not with standing - I dont have any real problems with the swing meter.

Funny eh ??

Cheers Doug

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:06 AM

Swing meter performance, for me, has nothing to do with Internet speed/throughput or latency.

Two things affect my swing meter performance:

1)Friends list - people coming and going on it

2)Sudden unexplainable spike in CPU usage (caused either by the game or Flash)

I can cut the cord to WGT, and still experience the occasional swing meter stutter (due to the 2nd factor).

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:13 AM

Swing meter performance is tied directly to the local machine ram usage and cpu usage.  It is true that you can have no connection to WGT's servers and still see  the swing meter stutter.  If there is an internet connection or WGT server issue, this would manifest itself as a pause after you have already made your shot and the swing meter action has already completed.  As mentioned above, a few things WGT can optimize to assist in the swing meter performance is to decrease the memory and cpu usage on your local machine and also correcting the invites. Thanks for caring - WGT

RSS