Forums

Help › Forums

Why am I not eligible for certain Tournaments?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 8 2023 6:47 AM (5 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:58 AM

I clicked on the "open" tourny, but a note came up saying "your current teir does not qualify you..."...so I looked through the Leader Board and saw a Master, a Pro and a Tour Pro (I'm Tour Pro as well)

Couldn't find any info on the Tourney Rules page.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:10 PM

Not exactly sure which tourney you were looking at but if you are a tour pro then you can only enter the tourneys that are for tour pro. Now some are open to everybody. All the week 39 tourneys are open to everybody. September 18 hole - (tour pro) unlimited play you can play. But the one that say "tour master", and legend you cant play for obvious reasons. Now under the "premium tournaments" the September "Pro" tier open you cant play because your a tour pro not a pro. So hope this clarifys things for you. But most everything is based on your tier. Good luck.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:22 PM

I appreciate the response...the Tournament I was looking at was "September 18-hole Open", there's a Tour Master leading the Tourney, TP's, Pro's and Ametuers (glancing through) on the leader board....but it says "Your current Teir does not qualify you to play in this tournament"...

Which I find odd.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:41 PM

Yeah I have seen that as well. One day I was looking at a leaderboard for one of the tourneys, (don't remember which) and under the pro standings a master was number 1. So I looked at the tour pro standings and again a master was leading. So I don't understand that at all but.........I don't know.......whatever. If I come across something I want to play and it doesn't let me then I just find something else. But yeah I agree it is a little odd.

• granitecitybino
    3 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:41 PM

Yoda79:

Yeah I have seen that as well. One day I was looking at a leaderboard for one of the tourneys, (don't remember which) and under the pro standings a master was number 1. So I looked at the tour pro standings and again a master was leading. So I don't understand that at all but.........I don't know.......whatever. If I come across something I want to play and it doesn't let me then I just find something else. But yeah I agree it is a little odd.

Is the tournament you are talking about the week 39 free multiround played at Kiawah island ? If so then I entered at the start of the week when my status was tour pro...scored a 65 to lead and was immediately changed to master status..played a couple of other tournaments later in the week as master status...off master tees...then played 2nd round of multiround and was off tour pro tees again...didnt score quite as well but still joint leader just now...then last night platyed Kiawah in another competition off master tees which were totally different. So I guess if you start the multiround at a certain status you stay at that status for both rounds no matter how well you do in round 1.....hope that helps

I

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 6:47 AM

I am having the same issue.  Tournament(s) say open to "all" but I am getting a "not eligible" notice.  Can't figure it out.

RSS