Forums

Help › Forums

R.I.P Rich (LegendCrusher)

Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:12 PM (70 replies)
  • jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:49 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or who will see it, but many of us become good friends here on WGT and we become sort of a family. For those of you that knew Rich, knew he was a lot of fun to play the game with and was also very generous here on WGT. Rich passed away on April 5th. Here is what I posted in my CC's forums:

I haven't been this saddened in a long time. I've had to deal with death in combat and as some friends and family members know it has made me a cold person when it comes to death. But this passing of Rich has touched me tremendously. I have tears in my eyes as I read of his passing and as I write this.

I first met Rich years ago on Ventrilo. He started a Guild Team on WGTLS years ago called the LegendCrushers. He caught a lot of flack for that name because they weren't that good of a team and lost most of their games. But they hung in there and became a pretty good team. Rich just laughed at the comments because he cared more about the fun with the people that played the game. Something you don't see very often in this game anymore. He was as someone said very generous.

Rich served his country and kept serving it as a police officer. For that, "I Salute you Brother"!

Keith I think that is a great idea to have a yearly Memorial Tournament in Rich's Honor. I would be Honored to set this up or help with it. I would even be open to posting the invitation to this Tournament, to all WGT players that want to participate, with a post in WGT Forums. I can see this being done in only one of two ways. It can be a tournament just or fun with no credits involved, or we can ask for donations and make a stipulation that the players that win the credits, donate those credits to unknown WGT players. I think this is the way Rich would of wanted it to be done. As some of you know, Rich would put a post up in WGT and the first so many responders would get a sleeve of balls. Or he would find some one that needed clubs or what ever and buy them for them.

I would be free to do this next month, as right now I am still getting settled in and finishing up on the Golf Outing that will be in 2 weeks. After that I will dedicate my free time to this. Any ideas anyone has feel free to let me know. We can start a post next month to get this ball rolling.

I would also like to put forth a motion that LegendCrusher stay a member of this CC as long as it is possible. And if possible, he had a daughter that played the game, she should have an open invitation to Aphrodite.

RIP my Good Friend Rich and God Bless your Family.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/231458/1669615.aspx#1669615

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:09 PM

This is real sad news. I knew Rich through playing this game, and i am honored to have been a friend of his on WGT. Although his name isnt on my list anymore, he did frequently invite me to games on WGT. He was a solid player who always had time for folks, and i got a lot of playing tips from him. Rest in Peace Rich, a true legend of the game.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:14 PM

I am sorry to learn of Legend Crushers death.

Didn't know, or ever play a round with him ( way out of my league), but he was an influence on the forums in a good way.  For that alone he should be remembered.

WGT has suffered a great loss!  my nickle.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:23 PM
    Very sad news. A great player and a lovely man.
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:30 PM

He shared so much, both in the game and about 'stuff' too.  Great person and I was lucky to know him.  Sail on brother Rich - you are missed

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:32 PM

lve been on this site 2 years next month and played with Rich only twice, but a great guy.

Thoughts are with his family x

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:44 PM

im sure you,ll be missed rich

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:45 PM

im sure you,ll be missed

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:47 PM

Sad to hear, always enjoyed playing with him.

• keithm1
    1,137 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:54 PM

not only a club mate and friend,

but a true gent. 

you'll forever be in my thoughts,

god bless my friend,

keithm1

RSS