Help › Forums

Masters Conditions

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:20 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 1:37 AM

I notice all five of the free stroke play tournaments are set to Heavy winds and Slow greens.  First off all, is that correct and secondly, is this setting for Masters only or is everyone in every tier experiencing the same conditions?

Also, if wind conditions are based upon your tier, does this mean Master tier players are relegated to playing in high winds for the rest of forever?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 9:51 AM

Hi nivlac, yes we will usually set higher winds for higher tiers. Eternity is a strong word, so usually is probably more appropriate.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 10:36 AM

Until earlier today, I never hit 165 into 3rd green :D

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 10:57 AM

Hi WGTAlex,

I can accept that it is windy some of the time but all the time!!! I think that competitions at any level should be , low, medium and strong in equal measure, as in the real weather. 

If the tiers have been set correctly(another discussion) then it does not matter what the wind speed is as we are on a level playing field. In any golf competition there are days when the course gets murdered and some days the competitors. Please mix it up and keep us interested.

That is unless we are being driven to play Betheridge for sponsership raesons?

Paul

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:00 AM

my winds are 16+ mph from the Pro tier.  Brutal

Brandi

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:14 AM

I love the bigger winds.  Makes it fun.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:31 AM

Sorry folks, but this is how Kiawah is supposed to play, and is why it is not the cakewalk course we've all been playing for the last 8 months.  It's on an island, and ocean breezes are never as calm as what we had been experiencing.  They didn't host the PGA Championship there for nothing you know!

This being said however, now you must, must, must! tighten up the standard deviations of the clubsets.  We cannot, in addition to having 21mph winds, have irons that deviate 8yd off center in a random direction.  Let the course do the work, and let us do our best to tame it, but the deviations have to be cut in half for this game to in the realm of realistic.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:55 AM

Ive just checked the weather report for the 5th,6th,7th June for Kiawah Golf Club and the wind varies from 7-9 mph.

The thing is, mix it up, from what is being said above as Masters we will be playing with strong winds all the time. That will be boring after a while. Every single monthly or weekly issued this week has had strong winds.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:09 PM

I just played the 4th hole with a 23 mph wind.  Crazy!

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:27 PM

I like the new wind. It makes the game tougher. I also played my first eagle today with the new wind. (you can watch in my replays)

• PAGES
RSS