Forums

Help › Forums

bethpage

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:28 PM (20 replies)
  • gadzuks
    44 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 11:20 AM

i just love how bethpage has been designed where you have to purchase better clubs just to make it to several of the fairways let alone be able to hit it straight enough to stay on them!!!

• shoe59
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:37 PM

how do you even play this course?  I can only play Kiawah for stroke play... the other 2 I can only do closest to the pin challenge.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 11:22 PM

There are links on this site that says Virtual US Open.  Just click on it.  It is one rough golf course.

• miataman19
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:06 AM

If I'm a pro why can't I drive the ball only 225 yds.?????? This course has to played as +1 on every hole. I guess I have to purchase new clubs . Can you say scam.....

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:34 AM

As with real life on the PGA, Major tournaments like the US Open are always designed to be harder.  Later this month, when the real pros go out and try to win at Bethpage you will hear or read that many of them think the course was designed too hard.  If you can't hack it, you can't hack it...  Keep on trying and work on improving your game.  That's all anyone can do.  If getting new clubs helps then do it.  I have had to get new clubs and it has helped a little, but the only way to really get better is to practice.... practice... practice... and practice some more.  Good luck

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 7:54 PM

A scam to spend 13 dollars on a club upgrade when you get to play for free? A scam when you get the play the course the pros will play later this month when on one else can offer that? You're crazy... Go play tiger woods... shoot a 55 and spend 50 bucks doing it.

• thelmer
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 9:18 AM

It is possible to make the present cut line with the "free" clubs that you use...you just have to be extremely good at timing your shots, lining up putts

and a little bit of good fortune.....or have some really good computer equipment that is super sensitive, I guess...I'm still amazed at shooting 64 by two players.

I mean, the only birdie holes on this course are 1, 6, 8, 11, 13, 14. Everything else is playing for a good up and down for par.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 11:11 AM

Favorable winds help increase the birdie chances. My last round I "tried" to play, I was -3 after 9 with birdies on Holes 1, 2, and 3. Just took good winds and lucky chips/pitches after getting caught up in the rough 10 yards from the hole.

• SG13
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 4:50 PM

I got Ping everything and BPB has some tees shots that these upgraded clubs barely make it over and can only get to the fairway if you have a good tailwind. And if you don't make it your pretty much screwed for the rest of the hole and the rest of the round. How come they have awards for 300 to 400 yard tee shots but the farthest I've hit one is 260 with a 14 mph tailwind?

• Chubbs1
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 10:09 AM

I've hit a ball 414 yards before with a Wgt starter before it easy.

RSS