Forums

Help › Forums

House for rent for Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor

Sun, Sep 26 2010 12:50 PM (28 replies)
  • grtgrt
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 2:41 PM
    4-bed house available 10 miles from Celtic manor. Option 1 - if there's 2 or 3 of you then come and stay with my family for a week and enjoy family life UK style. Option 2 - if there's more of you, then have the whole house. I've seen loads of adverts for houses for 10s of thousands of dollars but I'm not interetsed in ripping you off. Drop me a line and lets see if we can work something out. We're used to having guests so you'll be sure of a warm welcome. Cheers. Gareth futuredoraemon@hotmail.com
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:33 AM

What a great offer!  Bring the laptops and have your own Ryder Cup too, keeping us posted. Hope you have a great time. Go Yanks...........:-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 5:25 PM
    My Father and two of my brothers are going but I declined the offer. When are you people going to learn to cook? Been there, done that. Your food taught me to pray after eating.
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:57 AM

say`s the person who comes from a country where 5 to 11 year olds are fed pizza for breakfast,  at school!!!.....admittedly, they took it out the box and it was cooked quite well.

i do a mean full english....including fried bread and black pudding(dried pigs blood).....mmmmmm and maybe a crumpet or 2..(all made with top quality fresh ingredients) welsh breakfasts are ok, but they tend to give you something called lava bread (seaweed) and thats nasty! (continental is also available)

trusting are`nt you great....doubt id let complete strangers into my home!

hwy!!

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 11:34 AM

i think the UK's high end restaurants are definitely not on par with the rest of the worlds. But eating out in the lower and mid range cafe"s and pubs is just as good as anywhere. The british got their  bad reputation from the GI'''s returning home from the war, which was compounded by the fact the british isles was under food rationing and still was till 1956/57.

Having travelled to over 70 counties and lived and worked in 9, i can honestly say  that the British food is no where near as bad as some will make out. The broken record i hear from our state side friends is completely out dated, and i'd like to hear some food  reviews  from the lucky one's who come back from wale's. Hopefully they get to taste our colonial indian and chinese dishes. I mentions those two because all the chinese and indian food in the USA taste's the same ( even in SF )

Back to the OP, i wish i was going to the ryder cup this time round and the thought of stay with a welsh family( as apposed  paying up the ying yang for a poxy room) would be the icing on the "euro's winning the cup ....cake".

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 1:16 PM

THE FAT DUCK....now there is a scientist at work....voted the best restaurant in the world!!!

ever eaten a balute(sic) grif?

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 3:44 PM

I have not , but after looking it up on Google....I want some!!!

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 4:02 PM

As for the Fat Duck, It states you should allow 4 hours for the taste menu...wow. So my first question to the waiter is " Where's the nearest half decent pub around here mate,..... i'll be back in about 235 minutes. His answer would probably be " as you wish sir, and don't forget sir there's a car dealership just around the corner where might want to sell your car to pay for the bill"...lol

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:10 AM

ewww....one of the most disgusting things ive ever seen fit for human consumption....i know they eat dogs and cats....but that takes the biscuit!

four hours....i wont be going there then! (crazy scientist chef though)

it must be like eating an illness...such as TB!

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 11:45 AM

SweetiePie:
    My Father and two of my brothers are going but I declined the offer. When are you people going to learn to cook? Been there, done that. Your food taught me to pray after eating.

Is there no limit to your crassness? You arrogant, ignorant, insular, ugly mouthed pig.

The Yak

RSS