8,946 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 12:40 AM

pdb1:
    Every eagle attempt and every other birdie attempt is a lipper

That usually means you are hitting the ball too hard

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 6:10 AM

I have been using Tekoma's techniques for a while now. They are a very effective method of putting. Most of them i understand and use with good results. The vertex technique, however, is another story. I've watched the videos numerous times and practiced the technique. There must be something i'm not seeing. Generally, i can look at a putt and just about "see" what kind of line the ball might take. If you play this game long enough and see the same things enough, it's not that hard to know what certain putts might do. The thing is, as far as the vertex method is concerned, i have not been very successful at taking what line i think the ball will take and using that to find the correct vertex. If i recall correctly, and i'm not sure if i am, it seems to me that Tekoma mentioned in one of his videos to think about the vertex line as a ruler. I suspect that if i can figure out how to use that peice of information, i might move closer to understanding the technique.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 3:20 PM

budfan4861:
    think about the vertex line as a ruler. I suspect that if i can figure out how to use that peice of information, i might move closer to understanding the technique.

V-E+F=2

Just being helpful...

No, seriously...it's a geometric reference.

The Vertex of an angle is the point where two rays begin or meet,

• Where two line segments join or meet,
    • Where two lines intersect (cross).
    •  Or any appropriate combination of rays, segments and lines that result in two straight "sides" meeting at one point.

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 3:28 PM

Thank you. I will say this for Tekoma's methods...they do work. i have seen an improvement in my putting since i started using them. Either they do work or i'm getting luckier more than i am better.

I understand what the vertex is. Where i'm having a problem is deciding which vertex to aim for. Now i know the basic answer to that is probably "practice and experience", however, when i watch the videos i see Tekoma almost from the start aim to a certain point. What i can't understand is what  he is seeing that leads him to aim to that point.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 3:33 PM

Today another hard day for me

34 and 34 on 9 holes and the cause is my 2 weakness, ding and putting

For the ding, nobody can't help me, it's just me, my brain is  too early or too late lol

For the putting, i read all infos on the forum, but after 104 levels of play i still can't putt

Yes, i have some good result sometime because i still have some skill (and sometime luck)

But if a true champion can help me with the putts, see what don't work, will be great

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 9:18 PM

Same here i do ok at times but after 5 yrs i still struggle a lot.

RSS