Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:58 AM

Very interesting concepts Tekoma, ( handshake emoticon * ) and many that are already incorporated into various putting techniques used by many a good putter around here, yet not as thorough as you've compiled.  Very generous of you to take time out of your personal schedule to help others that need such help.

I was just practicing one of your techniques (putt on toe) at Oly. and I heard some rustling in the bushes next to the green.  If at all possible, and you have time in your busy schedule, I'd appreciate it if you'd contact the BigFoot Reasearch Team you mentioned in a previous message.  :-)

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 10:42 AM

Tek,
                Thanks, again, for sharing your technique. I have no trouble understanding the "ball, pin and shoe" methods - but I am still trying to understand the "Vertex horizontal grid line" and "Grid line's cross section".
                 I try to be a "Ding" putter so minor aiming adjustments are necessary. 
                 Normally, I will go to the reverse view and place the aim point (roughly) where I think that it should be before going to the "Chip" view.  My dilemma arises when the aim points from 2 of these methods are quite close together (as in less than 12 inches).  Not a problem in practice rounds but .......  Guess, I just need more 'Feel"  (or is it "Flow"?)  [LOL].

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 7:23 AM

Anxiously awaiting !!  I have dropped about 1 stroke per round with my 'limited' understanding..

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 7:29 AM

No offense, but this technique is way off the mark on all counts. Normally I would not bother commenting, but this is not good for even new golfers to follow. There are no shortcuts.

If anyone wants to truely get better at putting, there is only 1 way IMHO.

Everyones game is a little different, their balls, their greens, their screen resolutions, how hard they hit the putt etc, so there are no easy answers or quick figure outs.

If you want to get better, practice, but practice smart, how much will a tournanment green move a 2 inch downhill 10 foot putt on 4 second dots? How much will a level 10 foot putt move on 5 second dots, how much will a 10 foot 4 inch uphill move,,Etc and etc.

The only common denominator we all have are 2 foot grids, figure out how much the ball breaks on the above putts, theres a math formula in there somewhere. Distance, down, up, level, speed of green, and speed of dots being the only factors.

Figure that out, and over 45% putting is your reward.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 11:20 AM

Steve,
           Thanks for the input. Glancing at your stats, you have over 18 times as many birdies as bogies (I am just a tad better than 1:1).  Without any sarcasm, you are (obviously) one of the best putters here and I congratulate you for it.
            Many, if not most of us, lack your talent and would really like to improve.  Players like Brandon (Notonthis), Liz, & Tek have taken the time, not to remind us that 'practice makes perfect', but to show us how to improve our games. 
            I, for one, would really appreciate it if you could contribute in the same manner. You see something, in those rolling dots, that eludes most of us. Would you be so good as to help us find what you see by teaching us as these others have?

RSS