Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2015 4:31 PM

Looking for a little help here. For about 10 days now, i have been using the different putting techniques featured in Tekoma's videos. Now i have, for the most part, got things figured out. Some of my misses have just been bad reads. However, There have been some misses that have left me wondering about something though. I have seen quite a number of putts just slide past the hole on the high side. Now i have tried hitting just a bit early or late to keep my putts on line like i see in the videos. Which leaves me wondering if had i dinged it, would i have made the putt.  I use the Level 77 Nike. My question is this, is putter precision the cause of these frustratingly close misses. Does it perhaps hold the line too well. I realize there is probably no easy awnser to my question. Any help though would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2015 6:00 PM

budfan4861:
    I use the Level 77 Nike. My question is this, is putter precision the cause of these frustratingly close misses. Does it perhaps hold the line too well. I realize there is probably no easy awnser to my question. Any help though would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you are setting your meter deep the slight lack of balance might be the cause.  It's a good putter though, and generally takes slight missing to hold well enough.  Search forums on balance, forgiveness and precision or go to the FAQs in the website for my CC via my page.  Not looked at the vid again to check in all honesty, but don't expect every putter to work like every other (that's all explained in those FAQs too btw or see forums for more views).

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2015 2:07 PM

budfan4861:
    My question is this, is putter precision the cause of these frustratingly close misses.
    While this might be true in some cases the overall answer is No.  Why?

My guess would be you're using the wrong technique for the hole.  Some holes excel with the Vertex method, others grid, others dot's etc.  Just gonna take some trial and error to find out which technique, if any will work for your current putt.

I.E. On BPB, the par 5 4th is a great time to use Vertex method if you're behind the hole (front pin location).  If you line up the right vertex and hit the Ding its almost a guarantee when your in the 10 - 30 foot range.  Same holds true for BPB front 9 2nd par 3 over the pond.  If you're to the right of the pin the correct vertex sinks the putt almost every time.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2015 3:23 PM

pdb1:

budfan4861:
    My question is this, is putter precision the cause of these frustratingly close misses. Does it perhaps hold the line too well.

The $ 1,000,000  dollar question .

I would never be so cruel as to offer any advice on putting, but I will offer that 'for me' the greater amounts of balance+precision are the cause of those cheerfully close 'makes' . Also to note, Jimbog has been helping me with my putting, it is improving at a snail-pace but the instincts and habits of 70,000+ putts are slow to evaporate.  ~ SP ~

RSS