Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Tue, Jun 22 2021 7:24 PM (296 replies)
  • pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 3:30 PM

fatdan:
    you have to find the adjustment that works, and that adjustment is right on on 1/2 the courses, and different on the other 1/2 for me..

So that comes to about what 25 % ?

I know I'm trying find that adjustment too .

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 3:40 PM

Vertex method is solid if you get the the right aim, in practice mode I hole with a few mulligans, but can't guess the right one in stroke play, so I just go with my own aim.

But sure works when you aim at the right vertex point.

• Addohm
    226 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:17 PM

Would be nice to see this on youtube instead.  I can't watch dailymotion from where I am.

• Tekoma
    690 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 7:28 AM

siggipj76:
    Vertex method is solid if you get the the right aim

I decided to go for the new " Golf Advisor"  tournament this morning with my first cup, play & record fashion...after playing first 4 holes I found out I was still sleeping... :-) ....My approaches were all over the place...will try again later BUT vertex works fine !!!

Choose quality to 1080p Full HD

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 10:18 AM

Magic Tekoma that's all I can say . Very inspiring . 

Sadly the vertex still isn't working for me . I'll keep at it maybe next year I'll get it .

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 10:28 AM

pdb1:

Magic Tekoma that's all I can say . Very inspiring . 

Sadly the vertex still isn't working for me . I'll keep at it maybe next year I'll get it .

How are you missing? Low/high, burning the edge, 2/6/8 inches wide, short?

how far do you go past the hole on a miss?

• Woodoworkery
    3,489 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:44 AM

I don't get it , if u have the right aim ,why do u need the Vertex ?  If I am understanding this correctly ,you have to have the aim correct to get the vertex.

Just asking

• Tekoma
    690 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:23 PM

Woodoworkery:

I don't get it , if u have the right aim ,why do u need the Vertex ?  If I am understanding this correctly ,you have to have the aim correct to get the vertex.

Just asking

#Front view

Exact point for aim marker placement should be with normal aiming ( if one can find the exact point ) ...............................................

#Reverse view .....................................................................................................................

or there (purple dot) on the front view !...

if....! 

then there is no need for vertex or whatsoever technique !

vertex point (is) / (helps for) the exact point (pixel) for the break..other way of aiming (placing marker somewhere on the green) would only be approximate !

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 2:07 PM

To answer you both . I am missing equally a little right or left . Some are lippers , some appear to roll right over the hole ( one like that would be a little strong obviously ) . For the most part an inch or two left or right ending up from 1 ft. to 2.5 ft. up to 4 ft. past the hole . Rarely short . Usually if short it would be on a bigger break right or left stopping right or left of the hole .

Woodoworkery:
    I don't get it , if u have the right aim ,why do u need the Vertex ? 

I am not understanding what it is you don't get . I just want to make my putts . Obviously I don't have the aim in the vertex right . I have pretty good distance . If I could dial in the aim my putts would drop . I might add that until probably about a year ago I was stricktley a forgiveness putter . Which means that moving the marker on a putt is still fairly new to me . So it's no wonder that logically I would be drawn to the vertex method that has an actual physical reason and distance to move the marker .

In Tekoma's videos he stresses the importance of the power . If you have the right vertex or grid line lined up and you hit the distance on the meter right then he claims that what's left is the power that carries it perfectly to the hole and because the putt on the video goes in then it would appear that he is right .

That's the part I can't get . That third element , the power . If I pick 1.5 grid to the left then swing my putter to where it should not go past the hole a foot or two by my distance calculation . Then there is no other adjustment . I swing , it misses by 2 inches to the right .rolls another foot  . Which means I needed to hit it a little harder which wouldn't  register to me logically before the putt . Or I should have lined it up at 1.75 of the grid . 

Problem is I gotta miss the putt to figure that out .

I already know that I can't judge the speed of the dots correctly . I sure the hell do not want to use the mathematical formula I've seen to calculate the dots to make the shot .

I know that it is just a matter of time . Might be a long ass time .

Based on what Ive described any tips that work is all I can expect .

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 6:52 AM

Tekoma.....You're a bloody superstar!!

My scores have rocketed down.

I understand 3 of your systems and they work brilliantly!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Neil

RSS