Forums

Help › Forums

gimmie putts

Mon, Feb 6 2023 1:18 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • maury62
    448 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 9:50 AM

how do I get the  gimmie putts on my screen when I play by myself?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 9:57 AM

At Master Tier there are no gimmies in ranked games. If you play practice rounds then you'll see gimmie putts inside 2 feet.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 10:05 AM

From the WGT News Page at the time "gimmies" were introduced.

"You can now take a Gimme and tap in putts that are 2 feet or less away from the hole, to help you speed-up games.

This new game feature is available for Hacks and Amateurs in both practice and ranked rounds, and for Pro tier and higher players in practice rounds only"

At your tier you can only use it in practice.

EDIT: Beat me to it, CD. I was looking for the quote while you were posting and didn't refresh before I posted. :)

• mhinkle
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 7:42 PM

HI, I'm playing a skins game where a guy has taken 4 gimmies from over 7 ft---how is that possible??

• CaptainFint
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:26 AM

I'm offered gimmies from over 5 ft when playing agains pro or higher !??? I'm still Hack 100, is this level difference the cause??

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:07 PM

You don't read much, do you?

From two posts above yours:

srellim234:
    This new game feature is available for Hacks and Amateurs in both practice and ranked rounds, and for Pro tier and higher players in practice rounds only"

• CaptainFint
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:53 PM

Oh yes I do but,

""You can now take a Gimme and tap in putts that are 2 feet or less away from the hole, to help you speed-up games."

It's about he 2  (TWO) feet.  I've got gimmie offers from 7 feet or more, that's what my question is about. 

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:58 PM

CaptainFint:

Oh yes I do but,

""You can now take a Gimme and tap in putts that are 2 feet or less away from the hole, to help you speed-up games."

It's about he 2  (TWO) feet.  I've got gimmie offers from 7 feet or more, that's what my question is about. 

Because you are a Hack you will always be given the option to take a gimmie in practice and ranked games so long as the put is 10 feet or less to the hole. Once you move to Amateur the distance will drop to 4 feet or less but will still be available in all game modes. After you reach the Pro tier the gimmie will only appear in practice games and it will be 2 feet or less.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 9:09 PM

Excuses to CaptainFlint,

and Kudos to Admin - never before saw such detailled explanation!

• Doha2732
    1 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2023 3:10 PM

mhinkle:

HI, I'm playing a skins game where a guy has taken 4 gimmies from over 7 ft---how is that possible??

I WANT TO KNOW WHY HACKS AND AMMATURES GET 4 FOOT PLUS GIMMIES TOO??????Doha2732

• PAGES
RSS