Forums

Help › Forums

What Controls Meter Speed?

Tue, Feb 9 2021 5:17 AM (49 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 10:12 AM

Ball and club. The correlation can only be learned through practice.

• simba133
    3 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 12:11 PM

Thank you !

• UrbZde
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:56 AM

Hello, I have a question. Make a game to train -pitch,chip,lob. Mobile hole,adjustable distance ball about 10 -70 y /motion/. It would make this problem??Your views and opinions of their creators WGT? Sorry ,I do not speak English,,I'm using translator. Thanx UrbZde

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 2:52 PM

UrbZde:
    Hello, I have a question. Make a game to train -pitch,chip,lob. Mobile hole,adjustable distance ball about 10 -70 y /motion/. It would make this problem??Your views and opinions of their creators WGT?

Yessir, I wholeheartedly support this.....suggestion? What a guy!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 11:17 PM

simba133:

So after its all said an done. it is the ball a person is using controls the speed of the meter??

I think Scott's not far off the mark with his adding club and ball meter values.  Of course it probably isn't that simple, there's bound to be a complex algorithm that controls it.  In other words, the programmers have messed around so much that nobody now knows exactly how it's controlled.

However, it is safe to say that if you play a club with a  4 meter rating and a ball with a meter rating of 4 if will be slower than the same club hitting a ball that has a meter rating of 2.

I guess we need a volunteer to go and find out if a club with a 4 rating combined with a ball that's rated 2 has exactly the same meter speed as a club rated 2 combined with a ball rated at 4.  In theory it should be identical......

Basically, the higher the combined number the slower the meter will be.

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 4:17 AM

Also bear in mind, that although your first shot with the new ball and club combo may have the meter running at a constant speed, but after that the meter will speed up by X% to whatever it pleases

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:44 AM

Safdar1:

Also bear in mind, that although your first shot with the new ball and club combo may have the meter running at a constant speed, but after that the meter will speed up by X% to whatever it pleases

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:47 AM

Safdar1:

I might live to regret this but, why do you feel this is the case?

I've often heard people say that rental gear plays better than what you then actually buy.  And, to a certain extent, I agree with this.  It does seem as if rental clubs perform brilliantly, in my limited experience of renting I'd say I've always found the rentals to be better than the keepers.

But the meter getting faster after a few holes/rounds with new gear?  This is something new to me.  Either I don't suffer that or I don't see it.  I've been playing the L33 Callaway ball for years, from back when it was the Tour iS, and have never noticed any consistent difference with the meter.  Sure, I get the odd meter spasm but that's part and parcel of the game, we have to live with it.

Overall I think the game plays very fairly.  There will always be the odd WTF? shot but that's true of real life as well. It's only right we occasionally play a shot here where we didn't release the wrists at the right time or didn't clear the hips quickly enough.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:57 AM

I see while I was searching high and low for my wee toffee hammer Gary hauled his sledge hammer out and whacked that nail well and truly on the head  :)

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 10:28 AM

garyk49:

Safdar1:

L O V E it!

RSS