Help › Forums

Pebble Beach "live"

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 9 2014 7:08 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 12:32 PM

If interested, you can watch The Pebble Beach Pro-Am now thru Sunday.  Simply, scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the Golf Channel logo.  At the top of the page it will say "live TV".   Click on that and sign in.  It's all free.  I think it's a lot of fun to play along, on the same coarse, as the pros.  When the crowd applauds, I feel there doing it for me   LOL   --  just dandy

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 2:10 PM

Calm sea, semi-covered sky - gorgeous shots from the blimp which cruises just outside the water's edge.

I'm gonna have to make this dream come true one day!

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:27 PM

Just played a couple of rounds at Pebble Beach and wasn't prepared for the new layout.  I hadn't seen this other coarse in more than a year or I'm not playing enough.     Today, it's a lot prettier playing on WGT than it is at Pebble Beach (rain  & wind in California).   --  just dandy

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 11:23 PM

It was an 18 hole teaser in the Olde Days of WGT, withdrawn before I joined.
    Me thinks that it returned, modified, a year ago.

It's only 9 holes now in public play, but it's 2x 9 holes for CC CTTH tourneys. You can set up a full round there, and each shot is set up from a memorable shot of a famous golfer. The former teaser explained them with video clips.

The first in the current set-up is a shot by Hal Sutton who holed out at #1 from that position in 2000's US Open. The second, at #6, duplicates a TW shot to the green in two.

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 4:06 AM

TYVM Al for the link.  A real test for the trigger finger with the starter balls.  Very entertaining.  I watched all the videos from the past and to see where WGT got their shots from was really interesting.      Todays' schedule ;   Golf Channel @ 1pm (EST).  Then they switch to CBS @ 3pm (EST).   Hints: This is virtual golf,  Don't answer the door,  shut off the phone, do not disturb & "play ball"   --  just dandy

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 9:20 AM

Weather report for Pebble Beach, California.....  Chance of rain 80%     ~~~~~~~  Pebble Beach, WGT  0%    --  just dandy

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 2:34 PM

alosso:
    It was an 18 hole teaser in the Olde Days of WGT, withdrawn before I joined.
    Me thinks that it returned, modified, a year ago.

Thanks for that link alosso!  I played it again and did something I wasn't able to in all my IOA tournament tries last month.   Video of the replay as we are not able to save it as a Guest.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 2:48 PM

Just awesome!

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 7:20 PM

Very cool  ~~~~  cooler if it went in the water  (he, he, he)   --  just dandy

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 6:46 AM

Sorry Andy....  Bad joke about it going in the water.  That came out after a few coolers.  You should have won a new car after that ace.  Yesterday, in the sweeps, I had a 52 going into the 9th hole.  You guessed it, plop, right in the bunker for an 80 (ouch).  Even if I had come to with in 20ft it would have been a best round.  --  just dandy

• PAGES
RSS