Forums

Help › Forums

What's wrong with the wgt site?

Thu, Oct 14 2021 10:12 AM (77 replies)
  • Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 1:34 PM

Back to reality of site screwing up again. 3 times or more in one round. This is getting tiresome and its not our connection dudes. All the other sites all over the internet are fine. Do something smart for once.

Well, I can't finish the round, that I am in. Oh, well guess this game was really not meant to be played. I don't use my money any more, but even if I did, I would really regret it, because of not working to keep this site working right.

Who cares if it is a Pop and Pop business. If you want people to keep coming back you make things work right, not make excuses to not do anything.

I don't see how you can make money with a broken site.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 2:06 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

renniw52:

It is nice to see that WGT is willing to refund credits spent. However, the original question was never answered. I have had several great rounds ruined in the last month or so due to a site problem. I log off of WGT and listen to some oldies, search for old pennies, and yes look up new recipes, (I love to cook). I will have no issues at all with these sites. Have we, (all the members of WGT) given you more business than you are capable of handling? If so, what is your next step to keep up with the demand? I fully understand growing pains. I have helped 7 grandchildren with their little issues. It does not take a genius or years to solve simple problems. It is up to the person in charge to do what is necessary to solve the problems. Easy enough.

The engineers are still digging into the data to find out what happened last night.  As of this moment I don't have additional information on it.  My main focus is to get the players back their credits as quick as possible.  The site went down last night, I can't change that.  I would if I could. 

- WGTdbloshoe

How long does it take to dig? I mean with in the last two weeks, its been worse than ever on this site than the almost 2 years I been on it. April 9th is my 2 year anniversary on here. It making me regret, such a great game, but terrible if you can't even finish a round. I am sorry, but credits are not more important than keeping your players on the site from leaving due to bad servers or being kicked almost every time they come on to play.

I will have to just play one game a day from now on. It would be sad if everyone else followed me.

SweetiePie:

The basic problem is a "Pop'n'Pop" needs a Mom. The other reality is: that most of what is written here about conducting any going concern is written by people who don't know that they don't know.

Really? If I don't know what I am talking about, then why is all the internet up, when this site goes down? Don't give me the same excuses that wgt gives, cause that just makes you like them. So sick of people defending something they really should not be defending in the first place, and then say everyone else know nothing of what they are saying.

Just like people saying they hate Microsoft now, so they make excuses to say they will go to Mac. Geez, what next smarty pants thinks he is going to come up with next?

The other reality is there is too many defending wgt, and nothing is ever going to be fixed right, and from this day forward it will not be something to look forward to do any more by the majority of the site due to not fixing what should been fixed many times long ago.

• eddiecad56
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 2:32 PM

when it goes down you lose your game & its an uncompleted game so you get a red  tick against your name you try to get into another game they think you"re a quitter .

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 4:06 PM

Food for thought..each player spends $5. a year.give or take..Times how many members.

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:11 PM

• Smashauface
    83 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 2:56 AM

Most players like U., don't get it & never will.....WGT is the only decent golf game on the net & they know it...kudos 2 them for whatever they do...I give them credit., bigtime..Just try 2 enjoy the game for what it's worth.....AL

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 4:32 AM

thebigeasy707:
    I said 8 months ago PP'd missed the boat and now with that other new competition about to surface, PP are up chitcreek without a paddle.

Maybe PP has gone down the pan, but this looks like serious competition for WGT and by the look of the graphics a step above WGT.  Hopefully when GOLF CLUB is released, It might kick WGT up their back side to improve

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446433/the-golf-club-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc/

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 4:58 AM

It's not the internet. I clear my flash at start of play & that includes my Flash settings to make sure I have no parasite sites, such as ying time storing data in my files.

For two days I have only managed 1 game per day. stutter on meter bar is atrocious. which means I don't buy the 600 balls. why spend that much to have the VEM send it out of bound or in the water !!!!!! no brainer and this is the worst it has been in 2& half years I have been playing.

Russ

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 5:02 AM

chrisironsbones:
    Maybe PP has gone down the pan, but this looks like serious competition for WGT and by the look of the graphics a step above WGT.  Hopefully when GOLF CLUB is released, It might kick WGT up their back side to improve

Any consumer would be mad not to want competition.  If I were WGT watching the ads I would not be very worried yet.   I only watched the trailer but the graphics I never thought looked anything special......Wait and see.

RSS