Forums

Help › Forums

So dear friends...

Thu, Dec 15 2022 5:08 PM (148 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:59 AM

I hardly know what to write Lizzie.  Your the glass is always half full personality has always shone through in your posts and has made me laugh and smile more times than I can remember.

I hope against all hope that things will still turn out for the best.  Such a bright flame deserves to burn a lot longer.

• janhv
    837 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:21 PM

LizzieRossetti:
    Be at peace, be placid, and rejoice in what you have for you know not when you will lose it. Send the anger and the rants to a darker place, and simply enjoy your time, tell someone that you love them, and cry freely at beautiful things. Hold tight something that you cannot do without, and think before you speak because you cannot unspeak.

I dont know you,, but i love you!!

• derjohvan
    1,135 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 6:23 PM

Well said, I hope that things do work out for you. Many here take this game to serious and forget what is really here. I hope we all could have your courage for what you are going through. Good luck and may God be with you.

• wayne5347
    59 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 8:13 PM

Lizzie, although I don't know you other than reading your inspiring posts, rest assured that you are in my prayers, as well as many other WGT members.

As I was reading your post, got more than a little misty at your current situation. It brought memories flooding back from 14 years ago when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Luckily I opted for a radical prostatectomy and am still here today alive and kicking. Then a little over a year ago my dear lady was struck down with some nasty things and is now permanently in a wheelchair in a long term care home for the rest of her life. As you said, be at peace with yourself.

Only one thing left to say " Let go and let God ".

• cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 2:35 AM

Lizzie,

You brought me to tears with your eloquent post! I wish the best for you, for you are truly at peace with yourself! My prayers are for you today!

CTPB!

• DaMasterDr
    30 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 12:43 PM

We don't know each other Lizzie, but I cannot put into words what this post has done to me. My heart aches for you and at the same time I admire the hell out you and there is joy in my heart hearing such brave words.. You are in my prayers...

sincerely,

Dave

• golfman454ss
    146 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:11 AM

Wow Lizzie so sorry to hear, but ur words are encouraging to me for I am one who does at times take this game to seriously, All I can say is be strong never give up and have positive thoughts. My thoughts and prayers r with u at this time. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 12:04 PM

I really thought this thread would be 20 or 30 pages long by now.  I guess many of the old players have moved away and there are fewer left who remember how many wonderful posts Lizzie has made and how much joy she has brought to us mere mortals with her inimitable writing style and sense of whimsy.

Hang in there Lizzie, Lambert would be lost without you.

• NancyDup
    904 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:29 PM

Lizzie,

I don't know you, but you have my utmost admiration, be strong, do what the doctor tells you and never, ever give up.  Miracles do happen.

Sending prayers and hugs your way.

NancyDup

Nancy

RSS