Forums

Help › Forums

So dear friends...

Thu, Dec 15 2022 5:08 PM (148 replies)
  • sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 10:44 AM

#1, REPORT:

Aye captain, long range scanners have picked up some unusual activity along the "whossy running for cover" belt and is throwing large boulder size haggis our way!

SHIELDS UP:

DATA, REPORT:

yes sir, whatever is out there is trying to hide, but I have detected a large drain in his main vein, rendering him limp and useless at this time. His haggis should not pose a threat to our ship captain.

VERY WELL. set a course, Mark 911, to the whossy belt. Warp 9,

Engage. He can not hide forever, and to throw haggis at my ship? You sir, are done dung.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 12:38 PM

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 3:36 PM

We all have each others backs brothers. I have no personal issues with the lad, heavy on the LAD. I will refrain from any retaliation due the young age and lack of maturity of the individual. I understand completely, that to be the best at a computer game takes total devotion and countless hours doing nothing but playing the game. My Grand son explained this to me the other night. After a 2 hour discussion, he understood what life was all about. He got a job at Academy Sports and has gotten off the computer. This is not an attack by no means. It is a comment to a comment to a comment and so forth and what not. Msgt. Squirrel Nutz out.

• Alura
    1,398 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:36 AM

Lizzie...

.What an inspiration you are !!! You do not know me and I do not know you but you have so touched my heart. I had stopped playing golf for various reasons for the last month or so, and I cannot explain what made me come to read the wgt forum as I very seldom do.

It could be  I feel a connection to you ( only Lord knows how that happened)  for what you are going through. I have lost many family members and dear friends to cancer in one form or another.  One  sister going through it now,(possibly a second one soon), lost two brothers and mom and many close friends.

Your attitude towards life is amazing and for the fight you are putting up and mostly for the words of wisdom you have passed on to us all who have read this thread. I have had to try an be a rock for all of who have now passed on to the other side, and still for those who are struggling with the battle. Listening to your words and to the heartfelt words of your friends (and unknown friends) on here..it gives me strength to continue to be a rock for others in my life. I will be passing on your words of wisdom to them.

To the friends of yours on wgt who are supporting you and giving you encouragement, I say  GOD BLESS you all.  I know what it means to you. (Lizzie.)

GOD BLESS YOU Lizzie.... and take comfort in knowing he has made a special place in heaven just for you. 

I wish I had met you long ago.

Starr   (aka Alura)   XXXXXX     (((Lizzie)))

• mkdp11
    17 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:13 PM

I honestly wish you the very best Lizzie.  I think I can say that I know (a bit) what you are going through because I myself am going through a ''fun'' battle with colon cancer.   

I look at my life and I can say that I had a good one.

After 3 months of radical chemio and radiotherapy, 2 operations (1 to take out the tumour which was the size of a softball, and 1 to ''scrape'' off the rest of the polyps), I have to get 4 more months of ''softer'' chemio.

I made peace with myself and try to look forward to a few more years of playing golf on a real course and if not?  Well so be it.

I take every day as is and make no long term plans.  I hate not doing what I make up my mind to do.  My only short term plan is to wake up every morning and feel my pulse and say...yesss...i.m good to go for another one!!!

I wish you the best Lizzie... 

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:26 AM

mkdp11:
    honestly wish you the very best Lizzie.

Well now, you can't argue with that right up there yonder. That was very nice. Thank you.

I am not in the habit of making peace when you crossed the line, but in this very special case, this calls for a diplomat, or two.

I call upon "PaulTon" (that just sounds fierce) and "That dog feller boss" (..?not so much there no, but a very worthy fella, now mind ya indeed), to be my instruments of harmony and fellowship, whilst you all learn how to be civil like and not attack a rodent squirrel friend of mine. (Do not get me started while*a mist peace talks).

I shall lead by example and forgive, as most of you have forgiven me, for my stupidity that use to run rampant upon this here forum, (and still occasionally does).

For those of you who get it!!

And to those who don't.

Ya all, have a nice day, hear??!!!!!!

*Paul and dog feller gets it.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:31 AM

sdorr:
    And to those who don't.

That'll be me then, I just see word soup, take a spoonful and turn it into a picture.

Live long (in peace) and prosper.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:35 AM

PaulTon:
    That'll be me then,

I see, you just beggin off from duty and *your full of my BS. I respect that, and damn it man, I just posted that and there you are!

WOW! Hey, you want to play some golf today, now?

*That came out wrong Paul, sorry, I am the one full of my BS and the thought was that you were being drowned by it. I'm drinking, it's Friday, sorry dude! Not you, me!!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:18 AM

PaulTon:
    ... I just see word soup, take a spoonful and turn it into a picture.

That here is likin to openin a can-o-that-there  aixelsyd suup and such, an kuite an accompish-ment even.

As fer meh ol' bud sdorr doode, eye kan bee sayyin this here:

I gowt it.

Butt than agin, eets hard not to bee understandin this here stuuf when meh braines 2 sizes an a smidge larger then an ol' gator

As fer yuu ms, Lizzie - yeh bess be gettin well soon. Yeh hear?!!!

Y'all have a Groovy day!

dog feller boss

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 11:32 AM

Now dammit, I swear!

You promised Ma that there picture of "us" would never, ever, under no circumsision, be privy to the public eye, ***! 

And now ya gone and done it,  How can I maintain a tough, mean, oarnry, *** of an old man, when you be postin our child hood *** right here?

Your killing me. and probably, well, YA.

AAAAAAAAAHHHH, you know I kinda like ya,

so FUkish off, lmao, and have a nice day!

RSS