Forums

Help › Forums

VEM "Virtual Equipment Module”

Tue, May 3 2016 10:35 AM (104 replies)
  • denn13
    43 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 2:20 AM

ScottHope:

Denn, if it was as bad as you make it out to be, none of us would be playing anymore.

Maybe my standards are higher than yours...

• denn13
    43 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 2:28 AM

budfan4861:

Sweet Jesus dacrash!!!!  Denn and myself might be on opposite sides of the VEM issue. But to make light of the mans physical condition by suggesting he take up wheelchair basketball is completely out of line. You should be ashamed of yourself for ever making such a remark. I am sorry Denn that you were subjected to such insensitivity.

Thanks for those remarks BudFan.  However, I'm 66 years old and much to weak from the years I've spent in this wheelchair to be able to play wheelchair basketball.  I read over the remarks and somehow missed who ever it was who said that.  Perhaps in the later part of their life they too will be faced with the same condition and remember their remark to me...

Sometimes your remarks come back to bite you in the ass...

• denn13
    43 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 2:54 AM

Let me say this to you all and I'll drop the subject.  Most of you who have replied have helped me make up my mind about something.  I had NO idea there were so many of you who could not care less if their game was sabotaged by V.E.M., and having learned how many of you there are, I see that WGT will never stop using V.E.M. to sabotage my game therefore I will never buy anything from the pro shop again.  I will now use up all the balls I have purchased and either learn how to play with house balls or quit the game altogether.  I will never enjoy the game again knowing that V.E.M. will always be there because so many of you care more about kissing WGT’S ass rather than being able to display pure talent.  That way if you make a bad shot you can always just blame it on V.E.M.  As I said to someone in this long dissertation, there are other ways to make the game challenging instead of sabotaging our games, for instance.

#1: As one gains in tier make it so that the percentage you are off the dinger the farther your ball would go left or right. 

#2: The higher you go up in tiers make the hole smaller, not a great deal because even a half inch smaller hole would do.

WGT does NOT have to screw with our shots, there are other ways to challenge the player rather than making them miss their shots, especially if by doing so they make you go into the weeds and water and steal your ball.  As I’ve said before… if it’s my fault I don’t have a problem with losing a ball, but if V.E.M. does it and I have to PAY to replace a ball that they made me lose, well… that is unethical.  If I have to play this game from now on knowing that no matter how good I get they will always be there to screw with what might have been a great shot.  I can think of many metaphors but I will not bother you with them because so many have made up their minds that sabotage is a good thing WGT will never stop doing it.  And by the way, I truly believe the reason for doing this is more money coming in for them which is also unethical.  I would rather pay a fee to play an honest game, then to have them sabotage a free game.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 4:21 AM

OK, I get it, the higher your tier/level the more VEM messes with your game to hold you back....point made!

Now could you explain how so many Legends/Tour Legends, who according to your theory, deal with all VEM can throw at them, consistently shoot in the mid/high-20's and mid/high- 50's with WGT 's all out assault to make them play badly?

Can't wait to hear this!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 5:16 AM

denn13:

#1: As one gains in tier make it so that the percentage you are off the dinger the farther your ball would go left or right. 

#2: The higher you go up in tiers make the hole smaller, not a great deal because even a half inch smaller hole would do.

#1 That is exactly what vem does, based on current form not tier.

#2 Totally ridiculous. Why not just have windmlls and clown heads on TL greens?

I looked at the last few posted scores on your profile, you're not getting much vem, it only kicks in when you're consistently playing well.

I've had no vem for months.    :(

• VEM9000
    169 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:17 AM

My fellow golfers,

It has recently come to my attention that my approval rating has slipped to an all time low. While I freely admit, I'm a bit of an "acquired taste" on a good day, the constant derogatory remarks, and questioning of my parentage is taking a toll on my self esteem. When assigning blame, please bear in mind it is not I, but my WGT masters who determine my work load, so kindly direct your frustrations with game play at them.

Sincerely,

VEM9000

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:22 AM

VEM9000:
    the constant derogatoy remarks, and questioning of my parentage is taking a toll on my self esteem.

Awww, poor boopie, you feeling like a victim?

Good. Couldn't happen to a better machine.  LOL   :-P

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:34 AM

fatdan:

OK, I get it, the higher your tier/level the more VEM messes with your game to hold you back....point made!

Now could you explain how so many Legends/Tour Legends, who according to your theory, deal with all VEM can throw at them, consistently shoot in the mid/high-20's and mid/high- 50's with WGT 's all out assault to make them play badly?

Can't wait to hear this!

Because its not every single round , to where the game becomes totally unplayable . Right now , I`m having to deal with the scoring limitation . The game has me chasing my tail in a tourney . No matter what  I do , I cant get below -8 on an 18 hole tourney . Even though I can shoot 29 on both front and back 9 on this course , now , its a job just to shoot 5 - 6 under par . Then there are shots going long , or dropping short . Putts coming up short , and also meter spikes , when trying to hit the ball .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      We get over it by simply playing the game . Yes it gets frustrating , when you know that you can play better than the game allows . I understand how the other player feels . All that they want is what many other players want , an honest game . They want what they are able to play for , with out interference from the game . Golf is a game of honesty and integrity , but thats not applied to this game . So before you berate , or belittle another player , ask your self how would you feel , if it was happening to you ? If you cant give them advice to help them , then dont  belittle , or disrespect them. My 2 cents . :-)

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:41 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+100

RSS