Forums

Help › Forums

VEM "Virtual Equipment Module”

Tue, May 3 2016 10:35 AM (104 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,083 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 4:36 PM

Denn, if it was as bad as you make it out to be, none of us would be playing anymore.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 5:03 PM

or  get  a free ticket  from Vem 9000  ,check my profile blog  :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 5:19 PM

I have been very frustrated lately with the game. It may be me, my attitude, my concentration, whatever. Regardless, it has been less than enjoyable for me. I used to be able to shoot -4 -5 all day long. Not anymore. I still need well over a hundred games to be saturated as a Legend, can't drop my average by .1 in 20-30 games. I see no reason for the VEM to _uck with me but something is. I am finding myself more and more wanting to make bitchy posts in the forums. This will not help me one bit and will only make me sound like a complainer. I will play a few AS rounds when I find one, will try to play a few stroke rounds when I can. If it is working it is, if not it isn't. There is not a thing I can do to change it. WGT has the total final say and this will not change. We can play or not. I am the one who signs on and decides to play. I am so sorry for my latest complaints I have posted. Just makes me look like the total idiot that I must be. I am way too old to even comment about a ridiculous damn computer game. Now if you want to play some real regulation Horse Shoes then give me a call. You won't find an App for that, you can bet your ass.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 5:35 PM

i have read many posts on here complaining about vem and there is always someone who replies saying that vem makes the game like real golf and how they have hit a shot in real golf they think they've hit well and it goes left, right, long or short, well the reason it did that is you didn't hit it well. 

The reason people moan about vem on here is if you hit the ding you have supposedly hit the shot perfect and if you have got your distance and wind calculations right it shouldn't deviate, Having said that i do agree that the game would be too easy without it but i'd be interested to know paulton's views because he knows everything

• sweetspott
    26,443 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 5:50 PM

VEM = Slot Machine...Good luck!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:06 AM

mbcarp99:
    Having said that i do agree that the game would be too easy without it but i'd be interested to know paulton's views because he knows everything

LOL, very well played Carp.

The truth is I know very little about anything but have an opinion on everything.

Vem is real and can be seen when you are playing consistently at your best.You will see vem when you are very close to tiering up or are a TL posting 59's and less.

However, it is talked about in here and in game chat so much that it is now the scape goat for every bad shot ever played. We live in a blame culture and this can be seen almost every day in the wingeing, mewling posts in this forum. The type of person who thinks the game itself is stopping their progression is doomed to failure before they walk onto the first tee.

Just my opinion though...

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 6:51 PM

denn13:
    “Virtual Equipment Model”.

Google this and read the article (if you can stay awake) as far as I could tell VEM does not make shots do WTF? they make the clubs harder or easier to use depending on how a player is doing.

If a player is doing well, the equipment "sweet spot" is adjusted to challenge the player and vice versa.

I notice this a lot with a putter.  Start making your 8-10 footers and a few longer ones and all of a sudden, miss the ding by a wet hair and miss the putt.  For longer clubs, well...we get the WTF? shots because distance is greater.

Typically I associate VEM with a mean greens keeper who cut the fairways and greens to make your day and with cars honking their horns as they see you teeing off as they drive by.  Part of the game.

Learn to play before blaming other things.  The clubs you use are used by a lot of good players so maybe this game is just not for you.  Maybe try some wheelchair basketball instead.  Good exercise for you.

Otherwise ask some questions, learn from others.  If you don't want a real like golf game, play the other games that let you win even with being a bad player.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 7:14 PM

I understand  whining  and  complaining do it myself from time to time. What I don't understand is if VEM makes the game to hard to play or to  frustrating  to play why not just find something else to do ??

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 7:41 PM

Sweet Jesus dacrash!!!!  Denn and myself might be on opposite sides of the VEM issue. But to make light of the mans physical condition by suggesting he take up wheelchair basketball is completely out of line. You should be ashamed of yourself for ever making such a remark. I am sorry Denn that you were subjected to such insensitivity.

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 10:33 PM

budfan4861:
    Sweet Jesus dacrash!!!!  Denn and myself might be on opposite sides of the VEM issue. But to make light of the mans physical condition by suggesting he take up wheelchair basketball is completely out of line. You should be ashamed of yourself for ever making such a remark. I am sorry Denn that you were subjected to such insensitivity.

NO offense was intended.  He said he could not play golf in real life because he was in a wheelchair.  I suggested he do something that he could do since he could not play golf in real life.  If he had not mentioned that he was in a wheelchair I would have suggested he just play basketball.  So I was implying that if a person cant do one thing, do something else.  Of course there are people like yourself who cant see the point that was being made.  instead the holier than thou system kicked on and you made your post.

I WAS NOT MAKING LIGHT OF HIS PHYSICAL CONDITION!.

RSS