Forums

Help › Forums

Twitch.tv streaming + Additional announcement

Wed, Jun 14 2017 12:21 PM (141 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:48 PM

Hi everyone,

We were thinking around here that it would be nice to show off some rounds. I seen many rounds done on youtube and they are good but twitch may offer an easier way, which wouldn't involve recording videos and then compressing and uploading them.

Has anyone been streaming successfully via twitch? Anyone has any interest? Specifically for the big tournaments, high stakes ready go's? If so, please let me know and link your stream pages so we can check it out.

-wgticon

p.s I moved both replay sticky threads to community introductions forum, so if you are wondering what happened, they are there.

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:21 AM

I pretty much stream almost every match I am involve with that is fun/competitive.  

My broadcast is pretty clear and smooth.

Channels are

www.justin.tv/ronin12golf  or www.twitch.tv/ronin14golf

jfhuber

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 3:44 AM

I use Hypercam 2 and Wondershare video converter and then upload to youtube currently but this sounds like it might be a better way as my current way takes ages to upload.

I have opened a twitch account but dont know how to start recording?

Any advice would be great..

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 10:21 AM

I have been using xsplit to broadcast, but have just started playing with OBS.  This seems to be really good, less complicated and less adjustments than xsplit and produces a great broadcast.  Go to OBSproject.com for download.  Also if you have a twitch account they have tutorials on how to setup a few of the different broadcast softwares.  Remember though to broadcast a decent stream and still be able to play the game you need an i5 chip or better, 6g ram and internet upload of at least 3-4 mbps. Anything lower and you will have meter issues and broadcast quality will also degrade.

Now using OBS on twitch.tv/ronin14golf

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:15 AM

I might have a problem then, According to the sticker on my laptop, I only have an i3 chip and 4mb ram. My upload speed is only 1.6mbps.

I will give it a try and hope for the best, if nothing else, then I will upgrade my line and get a better pc.

Thanks for the feedback.

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 5:13 PM

wgticon,

When will the WGT game client be a compliant game source for game capture mode like with the new xsplit gamecaster?  Only the main screen can be captured while the actual game client window will not.  This ability would be in line with almost all pc games. This game window capture should work just like most of the games that can be played on a pc.

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 5:39 PM

never mind wgticon ,

just read this 

No Framing

You agree not to reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, "frame" or "mirror" any Materials on the Site and/or the Application(s) on any other server or Internet-based device without the advance written authorization of WGT or its licensors, respectively.

so no broadcasting matches ........wow that just sucked the air out of the room .....guess you guys would be the only gaming site in the pc world with such a clause.....

no wonder you cant game capture...you dont want it......its a nice site...but really sounds like some North Koreans are starting to manage the site ....lol

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 3:36 AM

So you are saying we cant record our rounds anymore?

Why not?

What a silly rule!

Can someone from WGT confirm/deny please, hate to have my account closed purely because I am having some fun.

Peace,

Liz

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 4:01 AM

They dont want us to have proof of when the game screws us over so they dont have to try to explain what happened. Guess it back to submitting bug reports lmao.

• HectorPoireau
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 5:10 AM

yes i don't understand but yes yes yes ty

RSS