Forums

Help › Forums

changing tiers

Thu, Jan 27 2022 2:03 PM (26 replies)
  • jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:22 AM

Is there a certain known  average you have to get to in order to go up to another tier... example : I'm a Master at 65.18 ,; at what point will i make Tour Master ? Or is even actually known

thanks

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:29 AM

No official notice of this, but rumours of 63.00 with 40 minimum rounds are well established without doubt.

• FASTEDDIE427
    52 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:57 AM

Is there even a list of when teirs will be moved?

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:21 AM

We use an algorithm to determine when a player is eligible to move to a new tier, which takes into account a number of factors including number of ranked games played.  These numbers scale by tier, so as it's necessary to shoot a lower average to advance and to play more games to reach higher tiers.  For example, when you reach Tour Master, you will need to play a larger number of ranked rounds than you had as a Master, maintaining a low average, to tier up to Legend.

Additionally, in response to WGT player feedback about sandbagging (misrepresenting one's true ability to gain advantage by playing at a lower tier from closer tee boxes), WGT is  using more than just ranked stroke play scores to determine each player's average score and appropriate tier ranking.

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of these changes, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits. We still encourage the community's feedback on Sandbagging, but believe this is an important step to reducing the practice and keeping the game fair.

Finally, most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

• stevoki123
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 7:40 PM

ive been on 67.2 and no matter what i do it never changes any advice

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jun 28 2014 4:37 PM

Looks like you're at saturation for your tier. Um, looking at your score history, you haven't scored better than your average for quite some time. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jun 29 2014 7:02 AM

+1!

stevoki123:

Before asking for a change, you might want to consider if you really want a change(?)

You are short of becoming a Master by only 0.2 points. This would include longer tracks, more challenge, perhaps some spendings in equipment.

Ready for that?

Your level 90 gives you plenty opportunities - take my words as examples on the budget side.

Get your clubs in better order. Instead of the Starter SW (70 yds), get the 64° Cleveland to fit below your 56° club of 90 yds. The big buying alternative is the three lvl 76 Cleves - you might drop the Starter 3WD to open a space.

As a Master, you might want to exchange the long clubs with better quality. The G25 set of level 81/83 is a good buy - for alternatives, search the forum or ask again. With that, it's common practice to use their 3WD and to drop the hybrid for the third wedge, but that's your choice.

The putter is good - my choice, too - and examine better balls if you like, for example the lvl 33 Callaway.

And, BTW, only good strokeplay rounds will move your average...

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 29 2014 8:33 AM
    stevoki123:

Just play stroke play instead of blitz.
  • HafeeZainal
    1 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 4:20 PM

Hello,

Im confused here. I am level 79 TourMaster with average score of 60.72. I have played 155 ranked round games. What should i do to advance to Legend Tier. Please advise. Thank you in advanced.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 7:19 PM

Legend requires an average equal to or less than 61, and 50 Ranked Rounds played as a Tour Master.  You have the average, but you haven't played the 50 Ranked Rounds yet.  Your scoring history shows around 30+. rounds. 

Also playing only one course, especially with the intent to tier up is missing out on a great part of the game.  There are a lot of challenging courses available.  You should enjoy the game, and try to play them all.  

Good Luck and Have Some Fun.

phred952

RSS