• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 3:29 PM

@alanti

Good catch and spot on.

• Parstone
    408 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 4:14 PM

LOL, you folks are always coming up with something to enlighten my day, thanks for everything you do for us Members.

• Morton1768
    247 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:14 PM

alanti:

Morton1768:
    I saturated my average and played hundreds of rounds on Kiawah back nine to attain Legend, Tour Legend and finally Champion. Since I own the club I set the back nine on the easiest possible settings, wind, hole placement, length and green speed, which for me was Very Fast.

This is exactly where WGT went wrong; by allowing red tees to be be included in "average" and stat calculations. Possibly the biggest mistake.....by I am sure it was designed this way to keep some players by boosting their egos.

A quick look through your score history, off normal tees (assuming most CC Tourneys are off baby tees) your average would be closer to 70, and a long way off TL or Champion.

Yes you have bragging rights, but as soon as many red tee champs (still takes skill to score well) come up to default tees, they look like a fish out of water.

My recommendation to any player is earn your stripes by playing default conditions, not by getting it from a cornflakes packet.

Many will never attain the average necessary to move up, and that's a fact. Stock balls, stock clubs yada yada, are always upgraded to better and better to shorten/slow down/and control shot making. You're absolutely right that the length of holes becomes somewhat intimidating teeing off from the other hemisphere. WGT knows people's natural inclination to compete and you as a player will upgrade in order to compete, especially in the WGT tourneys.

Many of your stats, ranked rounds, show you play many tournaments at your club and I'm guessing probably not from the next hemisphere, unless you enjoy torturing yourself?

So, you earned your stripes by using stock balls, stock clubs and playing from long holes? No, you didn't.

The Cosa Nostra 500 appears to be a your preference these days. Could you tell me the settings your Directors set on that particular tourney? I see you normally shoot around 29 or 30 on that 9 hole tourney. That's not great, but not too shabby.

I also see you use top of the line equipment.

TaylorMade R1 Super TP 8.0 White Driver (OBAN shaft)  Not a shabby driver, tad expensive though, but hey I'm sure it helps with those longer holes and that shock you speak of.

I see you use the Nike 20XI-XRZN L61 starting at 500 credits a sleeve. I'm sure that's of no help either because of your awesomely earned stripes.

Nike Forged irons. Ya, those are some cheap irons.

The very best equipment, or just about, that anyone can get and you're going to pound your chest and tell me you earned your stripes the good ole fashioned way hahaha. Ya. alright, whatever!!!!

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 11:13 PM

does anyone want me or should i just go away?

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 11:30 PM

Would someone please tell me what country club should I join or what ?

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 11:36 PM

This whoever he is saying I should be playing worst than I did doesnt know I started and take notes on every shot and started over at least 10 times to make par,  It happens cause I know how to play real golf. Mulligans are part of this game too. He thinks he knows all about this, This forum is for new players. Who does he think he is guessing this. He should be banned.

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 1:03 AM

There is no help for new players.

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 1:54 AM

I thought this forum was about helping players not putting them down or making them feel inferior.  Could someone please advise without the rancor or snide remarks.?

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 11:27 AM

Hello   Loose As A Goose is a very relaxed CC we would be glad to have you.

Pase

• Morton1768
    247 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 12:28 PM

Sent you an invite to my Country Club, bgtyhn1. Great club and we have fun. Only level 11 but I have great Directors and we setup tournaments that payout a little. Oh, and we often setup tournaments from the reds which help lower your average if your so inclined.

RSS