Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 1:13 PM

Morton1768:
    I saturated my average and played hundreds of rounds on Kiawah back nine to attain Legend, Tour Legend and finally Champion. Since I own the club I set the back nine on the easiest possible settings, wind, hole placement, length and green speed, which for me was Very Fast.

This is exactly where WGT went wrong; by allowing red tees to be be included in "average" and stat calculations. Possibly the biggest mistake.....by I am sure it was designed this way to keep some players by boosting their egos.

A quick look through your score history, off normal tees (assuming most CC Tourneys are off baby tees) your average would be closer to 70, and a long way off TL or Champion.

Yes you have bragging rights, but as soon as many red tee champs (still takes skill to score well) come up to default tees, they look like a fish out of water.

My recommendation to any player is earn your stripes by playing default conditions, not by getting it from a cornflakes packet.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 1:29 PM

alanti:
    My recommendation to any player is earn your stripes by playing default conditions, not by getting it from a cornflakes packet.

LOL yes those were the days...............Can't really blame WGT in some ways, but a shame they felt they had to with the tiers as it took away a major goal.  They gambled more more red tee people than want to learn, but a shame ........

Can't see it ever happening but if they did ever get around to the coming soon new tier make that a real tee real only grind - Some would actually enjoy the challenge.  Red tee people would still have the clash, and so still all the cornflake toys they want there.

EDIT: Slightly separate point to Alan dealing directly and sensibly with what was at hand:)

• Parstone
    408 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 4:56 PM

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "saturated" and how do I figure out how many rounds I've played since turning Master.

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 8:10 PM

wow Im very new and this is my first post.  Are all you guys like this? 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:14 AM

bgtyhn1:
    wow Im very new and this is my first post.  Are all you guys like this?

Welcome to the forums!

We are everything: Friendly, mean, helpful, disgusting, chilled, busted - but this thread - lately - seems to be quite tame, except for mild sarcasm, and it's not personal.

Hang on!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:21 AM

Parstone:
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "saturated" and how do I figure out how many rounds I've played since turning Master.

Saturation is an inofficial term for the minimum no. of ranked rounds (RRs) necessary for tiering up, which is equal to the no. of best scores used for the - saturated - average. For a Master, saturation is 40 scores.

You find the rounds in your score history. This is one way to count them, the other being to note the no. of RRs from your stats on promotion and compare to any current no.

Both are unprecise because socres of ranked Par3, Par5 and CC Custom Course rounds are included which do not count to the average.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:14 AM

alosso:
    We are everything: Friendly, mean, helpful, disgusting, chilled, busted

It's almost as if it reflects how people are in real life. :-)

• philb1818
    267 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:31 AM

Parstone on PC you can see the date you turned master and see your rounds by date, only goes back about 50 rounds I think, but can give you a good idea how many rounds you have played since turning master

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 11:14 AM

Thank you very good advice on this thread.  Could anyone suggest a list of good country clubs for me?  That would be most helpful.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 3:23 PM

bgtyhn1:
    wow Im very new and this is my first post under this account.

Fixed it for you.

I am always in awe of people who can shoot par or better on their first day. Only 2 rounds, but impressive stats....welcome back

RSS