Forums

Help › Forums

Hack level sucks

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 2 2009 9:44 AM (7 replies)
  • Nupe06
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 12:50 PM

I just joined the WGT today and was relegated to the Hack Squad.  How do I get credits to be able to upgrade my equipment?  Playing PB Black from the tips with a 225-yd driver?  C'mon!  And that's with a perfect shot.  Help!!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 1:10 PM

Nupe06, welcome to WGT!

First, all players start as HACK.  That's just the way it is.  You will progress to Amatuer, Pro, and Master when you can get your ranking down to the appropriate level.  What those levels are, at the moment, are still under debate.

As for the clubs, as it is right now, an increase in ranking does NOT affect your clubs.  It will affect your tee box on the Kaiwah course only, stroke play.  All Bethpage players start from the same tee box, no matter their ranking.  (And yes, there are a bunch of tee shots where you won't even sniff the fairway.)

You can upgrade your clubs via the pro-shop.  Keep in mind that these upgrades cost real money (100 credits = $1.00) and do not offer as big of advantage as one might think.

My advice to you?  Simple really... play as much as you can on all the courses/skills OTHER than Bethpage to get a good feel for the game and when you are ready to be challenged, fire up the USOpen course.  Remember, par there is an excellent score.

Cheers!

• luv2fish
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 1:54 PM

I been playin here since December and finally made it to amature last month it sets yer tee shot back some

so i decided I would join the new tournament , us open , and it changed my tier to pro now for all games which

with a stiff wind ya cant even reach the fairway on some shots , so for me it is useless to play anymore , the

only solution is to spend money and buy new clubs and since I am currently layed off from work I dont see that happening !!

• jdonfarrell
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 8:27 PM

In the virtual US Open challenge, are all players on a level playing field (i.e. 225 yd drives, etc.) or do people who have been active in WGT have an advatage?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 8:58 PM

EVERYBODY starts from the same tees on Bethpage.

The only advantage for anyone of any tier is the upgraded clubs... and until you learn to use them properly, they are mostly a DISadvantage.

Cheers!

• joe911nc
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 3:29 AM

This site is overall very, very good, but Bethridge sucks.  The clubs are no realistic.  It is not realistic to hit a "perfect" shot and not be able to reach the fairway and that's what you're faced with unless you're willing to pay to play.  I guess what needs to be decided is, is this a free site or not?  Because as it stands now, unless you are willing to buy upgrades there is no way to be competative.

• Chevron
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 3:43 AM

the way i see it is they have to make there money some how if there giving such a fantastic prize for the winner.

the freebies are not all that bad in general just not good if you want to win the top prize.you cant expect a free chance to win that trip otherwise anybody could be in with a shot with winning it. so handing out some money (for clubs) is there way to help pay towards the prizes and costs of having a great free game.

some people seam to forget that BPB is ment to be hard with great clubs so its gonna be even harder with freebies.

i think its only right that on BPB that freebies clubs are not enough to get you in with a fighting chance. for a prize like that trip buying new clubs should not be a problem.

Just my 2 cents on it.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 9:44 AM

Upgraded clubs don't make all that much difference ... even with the extra yards, there are still a couple of fairways that won't be reached if you hit into the wind and most of the par 4's still require you to lay up. Bottom line, it all comes down to putting.

RSS