Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 1:27 PM

Except for a very small following of fellow players, I believe this post suffers from a serious case of LOI (lack of interest). Unless otherwise convinced, I believe the space could be better served with something else. Consequently, I shall do the last of it tomorrow 1-31-14

~SP~ 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 7:07 PM

Hey SP ... I enjoyed the trivia ... just had a lot on my plate today!  So since tomorrow might be the last day ... 4 Mar 1988 ... a very special day for me!  lol.  You can forget the year if you're so inclined!

I'll try to jump in on the finale tomorrow!

Kat ♥

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 5:45 AM

January 31

Beginning Feb 3, I will be seeking a "Dazzler"...something from you: an event, artwork, comment, etc, your creative choice. I will gift the winner a ball pack of their choice and continue doing so when I'm "Dazzled". Start when you wish.

2,050 years ago, Rome Lover Antonia Minor, daughter of Marc Antony and Octavia Minor began breathing

502 years ago, King Henry of Portugal received his first butt spanking-sans any love

341 years ago, Louis de Montfort took his first heavenly breath and morphed into a French Catholic priest, and later into a Saint

280 years ago, Robert Morris, Merchandise Lover & signer of the Declaration of Independence, started crying

217 years ago, Salieri, Tune & elevator shoe Lover, Franz Schubert was 32 years away from his last breath

Sexy Firearm Lover, Jonny Rotten is 58...maybe

Will Hunting Lover, Minnie Driver is 44

Attraction to Naughty Back Lover, Justin Timberlake is 27

AND...Tomorrow my Father, HVM will be 66...Family shin-dig in Indian Wells, CA...My dear friend and brilliant mind, D-Kat will post here (I hope) while I party a few days...

Time to DaZZle.... 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 7:22 AM

Wishing your Father a very happy birthday and a great weekend!

January 31

Arizonan and Purple Sage lover Zane Grey would have been 142.

What a date for members of the Baseball Hall of Fame!

• Double header lover, "Let's play two!", Mr. Cub Ernie Banks is 83.
    • Number 42, barrier buster, Jackie Robinson would have been 95.
    • No-hitter lover Nolan Ryan is 67 today.

I'm ready to Dazzle on Monday SP!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 12:49 PM

Best wishes to your father, SP!  It looks like it will be a bit windy in the Coachella Valley this weekend (since it's cloudy here), although Indian Wells doesn't catch the wind as much as Indio and Rancho Mirage!  Have fun this weekend!

91 years ago, Norman Mailer took his first breath as well ... much later he would write a book I was forced to read by my 11th grade English teacher.  The Fight proved to be a great book, and Mr. Mailer did a great job with the 1974 Ali/Foreman fight.

I'll try to get in a few tidbits this weekend, SP.  I'm going to the fake snow of Mt. High this weekend!  My first "snowboarding" event for 2014!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 8:14 AM

1 February

Gone With the Wind actor Clark Gable is 113 today (Frankly my dear ...)

Wake up little Susie singer Don Everly is 77

Most famous "Son in Law" Pauly Shore is 46

USSR leader Boris Yeltsin is 83

"Super Freak" Rick James is 66

"Danger Will Robinson" ... Lost in Space actor Billy Mumy is 60

The Princess of Rock and Roll ... Lisa Marie Presley is 46

And on this date in history ....

in 1920, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are established

In 1940, Frank Sinatra makes his recording debut with the Tom Dorsey Band

In 1982, "Late Night with David Letterman" makes its television debut.

In 1984, the English "Half-Penny" ceases to be legal tender

In 1992, the "Cold War" between the US and the USSR officially ends.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 7:57 PM

SweetiePie:
    Except for a very small following of fellow players, I believe this post suffers from a serious case of LOI (lack of interest

Very Enjoyable post to read.

Like one of my favorite shows as a kid...'Lost in Space'  was a bit surprised at Billy's age....lol

1949 - The first 45 RPM record was released.

1959 - Frankie Avalon's "Venus" was released.

1963 - The Beatles began their first British tour supporting Helen Spapiro.

Just a few from... On this day in Feb 2nd

-Roger

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:35 AM

2 February

Shakura is 37

Farrah Fawcett is 67

James Joyce is 132

Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek, Next Generation) is 65

Mark Twain (nam de plume) is 151

Punxsutawney Phil is 127

On this date in history ...

1887 - Punxsutawney Phil, the famous groundhog in the US sees his shadow for the first time and predicts 6 more weeks of winter.

1863 - Samuel Clemens begins using the nam de plume Mark Twain

1876 - The National League forms, with teams in Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Hartford, Louisville, New York, Philadelphia and St. Louis

1899 - The Australian Premiers' Conference chooses Canberra as the capital location for Australia

1913 - Jim Thorpe becomes a New York Giant (National Football League)

1922 - James Joyce's Ulysses is published in Paris

1959 - Buddy Holly's performs live for the last time.

1964 - G.I. Joe debuts as an American 'boy toy', giving boys in the US something else to play with!

Edit:  In the United States and Canada, February is Black History Month.  I'd like to take this time to post a quotation made by Martin Luther King, Jr., in honor of Black History Month:

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

Read the entire "I have a Dream" speech:  Click Here

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:20 AM

February 3

GOTTA LOVE THE SEAHAWKS!!! & Make some easy, easy money off of them...LOL 

676 years ago, Jeanne de Bourbon (wife of Charles V of France) stopped being a fetus

646 years ago, Charles VI King of France, did a tiny poop for the first time

205 years ago, Felix Mendelssohn began humming

211 years ago. Horace Greeley first a voice say "Go West, Young Man"...sadly, he didn't, he went insane

193 years ago, Elizabeth Blackwell received such a grim whack on the fanny, she decided to become the first woman physician...and did

140 years ago, Gertrude Stein didn't receive an un-necessary circumcision, but wanted one, and instead thought up Alice B. Toklas

I left out some dazzle...a couple of really good golfers, a very top artist, a naughty gangster,and a Gottlieb.....~SP~

Oh and my thanks to D-Kat, Mantis & the one and only Andyson, who should play with their balls...so to speak

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 9:27 AM

3 February

Also on this date ...

Norman Rockwell, the American artist whose art found its way into many homes in the US, was born 120 years ago.

The quarterback Payton Manning attempted to copy yesterday during the Superbowl ... Fran Tarkenton is 74 years old.  Way to choke, Payton.  (ps ... sorry I put the Kat hex on you by betting on Denver ... I just wanted Seattle to win!)

American comedian and member of the "Rat Pack" ... Joey Bishop was born 96 years ago.

The "Flop Happy" center, Vlade Divac is 46

The quarterback Payton Manning hoped to emulate yesterday ... Bob Griese is 69 today!

PGA golfler Retief "Gooooooooose" Goosen is 45

On this date in history ...

In 1959, Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and Jp Richardson died in a small plane crash near Clear Lake, Iowa

In 1783, Spain formally recognized the United States as an Independent Nation.

In 1865, US President Abraham Lincoln and Confederate Vice President, Alexander H. Stephens held a peace conference off the Virginia Coast.  The talks broke down due to the issue of Southern Autonomy.

And ... for the dazzle question of the day (from me) ... the first member (excluding SP, Mantis and Andyson) to name the boat which Lincoln and Stephens held the peace conference on will receive a free sleeve of golf balls!

RSS