Forums

Help › Forums

Slor mini-tour tournament no 2: Bethpage Black FINAL ROUND STARTING

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 13 2009 2:41 AM (36 replies)
  • slor
    902 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 4:54 AM

After more feedback, and a feeling that using 18-hole tournaments is getting a bit stale, the mini-tour is going to test out multiplayer groups for the second event. In addition, it is the only way to have a competition on Bethpage at the moment.

Eligibility will be limited to those who are hitting from the yellow tees (i believe this is pro and master tiers).

New rule after looking at several posts here: Equipment must be starter clubs only. This should be fun. If everyone in the tournament has the tour starter club set, we can move up to those - I'll ask on the sign-up form.

I am going to limit this tournament to 12 players. No cut, and if there are more signups than places (10 people participated in tournament no 1) I will use qualifying school scores as stated in the tour rules.

Play will consist of four 9-hole rounds with a sudden death playoff if needed. Each round must be completed by the end of a WGT tournament week (24:00 Pacific time on Sunday) as I have a feeling that WGT is going to switch multiplayer from back 9 to front 9 at some point and they only do it on sunday nights as far as I can tell.

Round 1: WGT week 23

Round 2: WGT week 24

Round 3: WGT week 25

Round 4: WGT week 26

Playoff: WGT week 27

Rounds 1 and 2 will be played in threesomes assigned by myself to first keep players in the same time zone together and second to spread out players of different abilities through the groups. You will play in the same group in both rounds.

Rounds 3 and 4 will be played in pairs according to the current standings. I would like to devise a way to give the final pairings the advantage of knowing previous' pairings score in advance, suggestions welcome.

Sign-up form here

Sign-ups are closed Sunday at the end of the tournament week (24:00 Pacific time)

Current sign-ups

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 8:51 AM

Slor,

I would love to play this tourney, but there is a glitch.

What is Q-School?    Assuming that Q-School was any Open qualifying round,  I signed up for this event marking 'yes' to the Q-School question.

If that be not the case, then I'll have to withdraw.

In addition, though I'm required to play the yellows, I am not in that league (yet) :)  I'm one of those who went from Hack to Pro without passing through the Amateur.

Two scores at BPB are 93 and 89; gonna try again today.

Thanks,

Ed

• slor
    902 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 9:14 AM

Q-school was held for this tour in April - if there are more than 12 entries, the people who competed in Q-school have priority. As for the tees, I think everyone is hitting from Blue from Amateur all the way to Master.... excuse my comment about yellow tees.

Qualifying school scores

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:19 PM

Thanks.  I'll sit tight.

Cheers,

Ed.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:39 AM

Round 1 and 2 Groups:

1. kingspen, scoresby, jeffdos924

2. illinifan4ever, WVMountaineer, coolswing

3. tewster31, TallAcePaul, newzeeland

Good luck!

Post Scores Here

Scores can be found here

• newzeeland
    21 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 7:55 AM

Two questions:

Who invites and how can I post the scores?

The sheet gives no way to place my own or the other players name.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:51 AM

Sorry - problem solved. Form is updated - remember to have a scorer for you in case there are any disconnection or lagging issues!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 1:32 AM

Hi Slor. Just to double check before we kick off the first round game.  You mentioned above that only Tour starter clubs are to be used here, does that include the driver ? I am asking this because most players would have a Ping or Taylormade driver. Please reply soon as My group is about to start our 1st round game. Thanks.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 1:47 AM

The rules are that the starter (green) clubs including drivers are the equipment to be used. I know it makes the game a bit hard, but it will be equally hard for everyone.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 7:20 PM

What is the procedure to get players hooked up to play their round?

RSS