Forums

Help › Forums

Levels For The TaylorMade R1 Super TP Driver

Sat, May 10 2014 7:27 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 7:05 PM

I to was one of the unfortunate that was setting at level 92 on the last time that it was available at level 93. My thought was that they would run it again, because why else would they allow some at level 93 have a 287 yrd driver and not the rest of us. It is pretty  disheartening to watch a level 93 or 94 Tourmaster with one. It also stinks seeing  a Legend hitting from the same tee box  consistently out drive my SLDR by 10 yrds every time. 

I wished that WGT would put more of an emphasis on the players tier rather than their level. I feel that if you are a legend you deserve to have equal equipment as other legends. I think you can use the level to dictate prices in the proshop, kinda like they have done with the new SLDR.

Short of the long is that I hope the WGT will either offer the promo again or develop a club that us poor level 93 players can play that will be comparable to the level 93 287 yrd club that is no longer available.

Just my two cents not worth much more or less. Thanks for reading my rant. 

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 7:18 PM

I'm sure the R1 was offered for a limited time only because Taylormade did so .......

SLDR is a very good compromise, also is the the BB driver at level 96 ........... as AnyWhy states don't be obsessed with having the R1 is the be all and end all, if you do your beat already ;-)

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 7:23 PM

^^Ideal club for that level IMO:

287 yards

precision: 4.5

forgiveness 3.5

spin: 1.0

meter speed 3.0

And for about 3395c.

A bit faster of a meter, and less forgiveness.

^I also agree, may get that (the BBA) or the R1 depending of when I get to 3000c. I would still need 196k XP to 98.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 7:27 PM

mukbrain:

^I also agree, may get that (the BBA) or the R1 depending of when I get to 3000c. I would still need 196k XP to 98.

I have both Muk, and to be honest theres no real benefit with either, though for some reason I prefer the level 96 BB most of the time ;-)

• PAGES
RSS