skip nav

Forums

Levels For The TaylorMade R1 Super TP Driver

Sat, May 10 2014 7:27 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dubfore
    4,214 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 7:36 PM

I just played a match with a Legend who uses the TaylorMade R1 Super TP Driver and during the game I remarked that i want that driver. He then reminded me that I (95) am a higher level than him (94). Yet it says in Pro Shop that 98+ level is needed for that driver.

I have been saving for quite a while and playing a lot to get to 98 so that I can purchase this driver.   How come someone at level 94 has it?

Anyone?

• mkg335
    5,485 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 8:03 PM

A few months ago and then again just recently there were promotions where the driver was temporarily available at level 93...you must've missed 'em.

• lonniescott711
    4,084 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 8:24 PM

Just hold on , it may come back again for the holidays . The black R1 is a limited edition , that first came out for players at level 93+ . You may just see again real soon . :-)

• Dubfore
    4,214 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 8:31 PM

Thanks. I'll be watching.

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 4:49 PM

Well i've been watching too and no offers since thanksgiving.I too want to try the R1.But since my current driver seems to be the 2nd longest and 2nd best driver .Out drving all the other 280,282 ,and 284,and on several occasions the R1 .I think I'm in not so much of a hurry.Of course I'm referring to the one and only G20.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 10:03 PM

The SLDR is a good second best. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2014 2:25 AM

I have the level 93 R1 and was fortunate to purchase it last year when it first appeared. To be honest it has its good and bad days!

During the last free rental weekend, i tried the R11s which was where i was heading before the R1 appeared, its got a higher trajectory and a slightly faster meter but i liked it.

There is also the X-hot and the SLDR, i rented those as well and was impressed by the latter. 

I play regularly with guys in my CC who have all of the above mentioned drivers and find myself sometimes outdriven even when i hit the 'ding'

Dont become another one obsessed with the level 93 R1, there are others that are just as good. 

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 10:35 PM

I forgot that I made this post above. ........ It was my most frantic weekend at WGT to date.I don't know if it was the second or third time but it was definitely the last time that the R1 went down to level 93+ special weekend.I was level 92 with I think about 2000 points to go.(btw I have never boosted my xp and didn't think to then).I played my ass off thurs thru sun went through a lakes worth of balls.And  I damn sure made level 93 sunday night.Only problem was I had run myself broke. So I missed out on that 287 yarder.Oh well they will have another special at Christmas for sure I thought....Well nope not Christmas not ever. So now all these guys that were smart enough to keep their balls dry so they could buy that driver...Guys at levels 93,94,95,96,97 that's a lot of guys all have that 287 .So since there are that many people that are under level 98 unlock level.That means that it is approved for levels 93,94,95,96,97.Right? So I want one in a big way I will pay any price ,(not hitting as much water these days). Since obviously I'm eligible because guys lower than me have them.I need to know how to obtain one please.I really should not have to wait till level 98. Hell I'm no youngster I might not even live that long.Please give me a solution.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:02 PM
    The SLDR is a great club, why not get that while you are waiting. No one club will transform your game on it's own.
  • 11doski
    129 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 4:12 PM

I use the SLDR and I love it 282 and it does everything I want and then some it has good control and is very forgiving and if I have to guess I average close to 300 yrds per drive I know I rarely use irons just on a couple of holes most the time the SLDR will put your approach shot in the range of your wedges . so just saying I don't think you will be disappointed with it if you don't want to wait anymore.-Mike-

• PAGES
RSS