Forums

Help › Forums

REVIEW OF THE NEW SYSTEM: D+

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:17 AM (23 replies)
  • Stanholio
    28 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:29 AM

I AGREE 10000000%.  I kinda like the points level system about 10%. 

But I DO NOT belong on the Masters tees.. I can barely make it to some fairways on a drive using a driver rated for 250 yards.   

Oh well..............................THere goes my PRO average..........Welcome to Masters hell!!!!!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:56 AM

Thanks for your feedback.  We are looking into the situation where a player was bumped into a higher tier in the release and had no chance to buy the equipment.

We are gathering data and evaluating modifications to the determination of tiers and levels. Please bear with us, your play and comments will help us tune the systems to be more fun.

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:21 AM

Just let me buy that 278 driver and the 237 3w and I wouldn't have many more issues. Understand that I've only been playing for four months and really didn't feel ready for "master" tier. Maybe us pros who got upgraded prematurely could get a shot at buying the clubs we need at those long distance tees. Other than that - i still like it - Thanks WGT.

• RMRamler
    8 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:30 PM

I just shot a +4 on a hole because I could not see where the heck I was shooting. Check out the WTF on WGT replays on my profile!  I am lucky I ended up with a +4!

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:12 PM

better tune it quick, I hear a bunch of cars warming up outside the clubhouse right now...

Tune the greens back down, tournament greens belong in tournaments

allow players to buy clubs commensurate with the tee's they are driving from. 

• Feendish
    159 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:05 AM

I was just getting used to the championship greens and now they are back to tournaments greens for legend tier players ?  come on...make up your mind. 

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:23 PM

I struggled alot but played and practiced to make it to the pro level with a 68 avg. now Im a Master who cant break Par !!! Stupid me bought the R9 driver today thinking it would help with the long distances from the new tee's I am now having to play from ! wrong !!!

I cant shoot even par on any course in 10 full rounds ! The putting has really gotten worse and the fun of playing is definitely leaving fast !

I dont expect WGT to make it easy, the game was hard before but it is extremely frustrating now !!!  

I agree this game needed some adjustments like zeroing in on the cheats, sandbaggers and multi-accounts and quitters not making it harder on everyone who played it for fun and enjoyment.

This is strictly my own thoughts and opinions !

• tadeebunkport
    4 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:34 PM

I am really disappointed. I have been coming here for almost 2 years. I rarely play turneys, I play against real life friends online for fun and bragging rights. I was a 69 average and have purchased clubs as I became better and the CLUBS and advanced balls helped improve my game.

I just got home from a vacation and I am now a "level 20" whatever the hell that is. I couldn't buy the clubs I use now because they are out of my league. I just played 9 on a simple course "Kiawah" and ended up 3 over for the firsat time in 6 months. I hit my first drive, it "binged" a perfect shot yet it didn't reach the fairway! It went into the sand. What the heck is going on? Having read some of the previous comments, perhaps I am on the master tee and didn't notice.

I have always adjusted to the changes you guys made, some good some not so good (remember the disappearing stick, that was a mistake!) and have eagerly played the new courses as they came on line but this change stumps me. I'm not interested in competing with super players in tourneys, I just want to have fun and this wasn't fun.

I have only played once since returning but I wish if you guys were gonna tweek something you would fix the fact that even at gentle, perfect shots from off the green it is almost impossible to chip a gorgeous shot into the cup. It ALWAYS bounces off the pin. Adjusting that would be something I could get behind. Make it more fun not more impossible to play.

• Davgelb
    15 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:51 PM

Just want to say that I've been playing for more than year.  Just for the fun of it.  No tournaments, not competing against anyone except myself.  Now I'm suddenly unable to hit my driver the yardage it used to hit.  The system has downgraded my abilities even though it has rated me a Master.  You just knocked most of the fun factor out of the site for me.  I realize that I haven't been putting any money into the site but if you're looking to eliminate people like me, you've done a great job.  So long.

• riskaddiction
    23 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 2:24 AM

terrible update...    just took all the past experiences and threw them out the window by modifying the very way the ball reacts on the green...          you dont tinker with something that delicate...      what a dumb move..     who wants to see the exact same putt react differently simply because some lame adjustment to the greens..    do you see chess players tinkering with how many spaces they have to move?      its a crucial element that does not need to be f'ed with...       change the tee boxes and hole placement..   do not screw with the very physics of the ball on the green...     

RSS