Forums

Help › Forums

REVIEW OF THE NEW SYSTEM: D+

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:17 AM (23 replies)
  • kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:04 AM

There is no question, this site needed some changes, and I understand the need for fair play, but I dont see how this is hardly the cure.  I now have the title of master player, but still can only use pro equipment, in fact its a good thing i allready own it, because at my level i would not even be able to purchase the equipment i have.  I played bethpage and #5 i hit my driver on the screws and hit far enough to make it to the deep rough, where i salvaged a bogy, then on #7 I could not even make it to the corner and ended up in deep rough once again and ended up taking an 8.  I have played this site for almost two yrs now, and have put WAY more into it than i have gotten out of it, and now im rewarded with being a master but can only use pro equipment?  Really what this boils down to is the more money i spend and the longer i play, the more that little level meter wil crawl to where i can purchase equipment that will allow me to be competitive.   I give the new system a D+   I understand this is the first day and this is probably just as much trial and error for you guys as it is for us players, so ill keep that in mind and just wait it out to see how it all pans out.

• learnsfast
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:04 AM

I am quitting now just as I was about to start spending some real money in it.  What a joke this new system is.  What's wrong with you guys ? Like seriously , I can't even upgrade my clubs for this game to be fun for me now.  Someone needs to get fired or majorly demoted for coming up with such crap.  Your customer base is telling you its horrendous yet you guys did it anyways.  The customer is always right, don't forget it.

• paddysim2010
    124 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:34 AM

i feel for u bud,i started a game der on kiwiah wit a newbe master,,n he only had da pro clubs,,n he was playn off da same tee as me..iv lost a fair few balls 2day,over da meter issue,,i knw il b takn a break frm wgt till de sort it out

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:53 AM

Kissfan-Why do you rate it so high? I'm still looking for any kind of plus.  :-(

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:38 AM

Just logged on and wow - im a legend!!!! Obviously :)

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:50 AM

I suppose one answer is to start your own tournaments at your previous level and keep playing until you reach the right level to buy new clubs.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:30 PM

The object here is to have you guys compete against people with the same skill level as you in tournament play, instead of you beating the pants off of players with less skill, you can now try and match yourself against players at your skill level. I for one am happy they did the change, we needed it! I find it kinda nice that I can enter a tourney now, and feel that I have a chance to compete in it instead of knowing I'm gonna finish somewhere around 50th place. and mind you, that's after I shoot,for me, what I thought  was a pretty good round of golf. Seriously,  what's more discouraging, not being able to at least put in a good showing in tourneys, or not being able pound the opposition to dust. You figure it out, the majority of the players on this site have spoken and  unfortunatley not all of them post their comments here on the forums, but I do, and I'll be straight to the point with you all, quit your whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rpark22
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:04 PM

and what about the people you have equipment that at their current level the couldn't even buy, because they are not at that level. I went from pro to master with pro clubs. thats not right. and i cant even buy more clubs that get me more yards off the tee. thast just ***ed up.

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:26 PM

Whining? LOL, i can see why your happy, actually if i was a tour master i would be pleasd to, because not only do you not have to compete with the likes avitar lee or bolloxbrug,  iconion, or any of the other top players, but you get ALL the equipment needed at your disposal.   I would be runniing for wgt fan club president if i were you.  Now myself and others who werre bumped from the pro tier to master tier dont have that same ***nal of clubs at our disposal, but yet i have to hit from the tiips now.   The first thing i did today was play a ready go and a match game challenge.   The ready go, i shot six over for NINE holes, worse ive done in months, took an eight because my driver, hit perfectly on the screws wasnt long enoygh to even make it to the fairway, and ended up in the DEEP ROUGH,   The match game i played was with a tour master, and he had almost the same average as me, but one problem, i had to hit from the same places he did, but i didnt get to do it with mater level clubs like he has., I didnt even have a problem with the greens set to tournament speed because he had to puttt on them to, so that was fair.  He closed me out on the FIFTH hole!!!!  In over 400 match play challenges, that has NEVER happed to me before.!!   I understand in "theory" how this was suppose to address the sandbaggers, because if i were sandbagging, then being bumped up , woudnt hurt me, becase i was at that skill level ANYWAY, so  all i would be doing is being put in the tier i should have allready been.  For me, im a 69 ave, and that is what i shoot , i play ever round to get the best score i possibly can, no exceptions, and yet im bumpeed a different skill level, that im clearly not good enough for AND i dont get the equipment needed .......well if that is whining my friend,  then i guess im a whiner...but you know what, if you ever run into me for a match game challenge, i will eagarly take your challenge and i will probably talk your ear off, but you wont hear me utter one word about how unfair this is , or the swing meter , thats why they have these forms, the course is for playing the game and having fun....cheers

• Spengler
    17 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:33 PM

I am wondering why I can't play in some games now after the change and before I could.  Apparently it is not in my tier????? Does not make sense

RSS