Help › Forums

Help Wanted.....Santas Needed

Sat, Dec 12 2015 5:05 AM (316 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:31 PM

12DaysofChristmas.swf

Hey Everyone-

Well it's that time of year again and I'm proud to be launching the 2nd annual "12 Days of Christmas". This years event will have a theme and will be called-

"The Twelve 12 Days of Christmas.....The Country Club Version"

During last years event we had 12 very generous players step forward to play Santa for a day and we sent out almost 80 gifts in 12 days from the pro shop to our fellow community members...all for free. That's right, players stepped forward and sent other players they've never met, new equipment..... for free.....at Christmas.

Because of the huge response from last year, and the one in July, I've decided to up the ante this year. Last year the Santas gave out 2 gifts on the 2nd Day of Christmas, 5 gifts on the 5th Day of Christmas and 7 gifts on the 7th Day, etc. This year we will be having twelve "12th Days", that means we'll be giving away 12 gifts every day for 12 days.

This December I plan on having 144 Santas (12 from each club that signs up for the event, see below) who will be giving out at least 144 free gifts from the pro shop to some newer players who are looking for that first club upgrade, a better ball to play with, a new putter or maybe just a new outfit to wear.

The event will begin on December 13th (EST) and run through Christmas Eve (Dec. 24th).

So, here's the deal-

-I'm looking for 12 Country Clubs that would like to participate in this event.

-Only owners of CC's can commit their club to the event.

-Each owner will be responsible for finding 12 members from their club willing to play Santa and send the gift the owner has chosen from the pro shop to the lucky recipients.

-Each CC will pick one item from the pro shop and commit to sending out 12 of that item to players that respond to their post on their "Day".

-The owner will, on their "Day" (to be determined later) be responsible for posting a new thread in the "And Everything Else" section of the forums announcing their "Day", posting what they plan on giving as gifts, monitor the posts, pick the winners and let the other members of their club know who they have to send their gifts to.

I'm sure there will be lots of questions but I'm getting tired. I'll answer questions tomorrow.

It should be noted that the CC that I'm in has already taken a "Day" and so has WGT!!!!!!

Thanks in advance all, I'll refine the details after I get some sleep (lol).

MC

The Country Clubs participating are as followed:

-1st 12th Day (Dec 13th)- The Gingerbread Men CC

-2nd 12th Day- The Elite CC

-3rd 12th Day- The Deviations CC

-4th 12th Day- The WGT Alien Ambassadors CC

-5th 12th Day- Eagle Club Golf Association

-6th 12 Day- The Individuals CC

-7th 12th Day- Trout Slayers CC

-8th 12th Day- Lobsters Lair CC

-9th 12th Day- Aussie, Aussie, Aussie CC

-10th 12th Day- WGT

-11th 12th Day- The Misfit Toys CC

-12th 12th Day (Dec 24th)- Wooden Tee CC

For anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about, search the main forum for "Christmas" and I think you'll find something.

MC

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 7:34 PM

WOW , Grand Idea there MC!

Should shape up to be an awesome 12 days mate!

mrcaddie:
    and so has WGT!!!!!!

Well! Another fine piece of generosity from WGT as well! Excellent

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    will take the NINTH day!

Ho! Ho! Ho!  to one and all!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:03 PM

Shrude, always one of the first guys to jump in and help out!

Thanks once again Shrude!

Your club has the 9th Day!

MC

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 12:27 AM

mrcaddie:
    Shrude, always one of the first guys to jump in and help out!

Ha! Might have something to do with the fact that Australia has the sunrise before anyone else too.
    (but there is New Zealand of course but no one ever remembers New Zealand anyway - Where the Men are Men and the Sheep are nervous)

Ho Ho *hic* Ho!

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 12:30 AM

mmmm another cheap shot, least we can raise the iq of both of our countries by immigrating to Aussie......

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 5:55 AM

mrcaddie:
    -8th 12th Day- Lobsters Lair CC

Yup.....everyone is excited about our day....

Awesome work MC, great to see AAA has already committed and WGT also!

Nice work folks :-))

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 7:06 AM

Thanks Patricia and thanks for your continued support of these events. It wouldn't happen without players like you.

See you in the Lair.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 11:40 AM

I know it's too early to start thinking about Christmas right now but trust me when I say there is a reason for posting this event so early....a very good reason.

I can't get into details right now but let's just say there is a lot of planning going on behind the scene this year to make this event the biggest and best one ever and it's all based on the suggestions that many of you made in the threads from previous events.

You'll know more when I know more.

MC

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 1:34 PM

Bump

I see some of the Biggest and Best CC's haven't jumped in yet. Hmmm very interestin'

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 1:59 PM

ZioMio:
    I see some of the Biggest and Best CC's haven't jumped in yet

Hey Skipper-

I think Zio just said we don't have the best CC. Should I start boiling the water and melting the butter? lol

Just kidding L, your bumps to keep us on the front page for the last two events have always been greatly appreciated. I'm so glad you ended up in the Lair.

Keep up the good work!

MC

RSS