Forums

Help › Forums

Help Wanted.....Santas Needed

Sat, Dec 12 2015 5:05 AM (316 replies)
  • tezzastheman
    1,114 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 9:25 PM

Tezza from the Aussie Aussie Aussie club is in!

• ozysouthpaw
    2,845 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 10:02 PM

SHRUDE:

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    will take the NINTH day!

Nice work mrcaddie. Happy to be a part of it :-)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 11:08 PM

Elknoxious:
    Trout Slayers for lucky day number 7 please

That's great news Elk! Your CC has Day 7.

Thanks to everyone in the Trout Slayers CC for joining in on the fun.

Talk soon Elk.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 11:37 PM

alcaucin:
    Messaged my CC owner and Posted on CCs forum, will let you know if we get enough ppl.

Thanks Andy.

alcaucin:
    This seems a convoluted way of doing it, was much easier last Xmas and in July

You're right Andy, it was easier in the past but there always seemed to be more Santas than "Days", so this was one way I thought I could make it available to more players.

I had been toying with the twelve "12th Day" idea for a while but learned from past events that not everyone can afford to give away 12 gifts on their own. If the gift was a sleeve of Nikes for 500 credits, I thought it would easier for 12 players to come up with 500 credits than it would be for one player to cough up 6000.

As they say, we learn from our mistakes and if I can't pull this off then maybe next year I'll go back to the old format......maybe.

Thanks for reaching out to your club.

Stay in touch.

Wayne

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 11:40 PM

tezzastheman:
    Tezza from the Aussie Aussie Aussie club is in!

Thanks Tezza! I knew I could count on Shrude and the guys in AAA to join in on the action.

Have fun!

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2013 11:43 PM

ozysouthpaw:
    Nice work mrcaddie. Happy to be a part of it :-)

Glad you can join the party Ozy!

Thanks!

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2013 12:20 AM

Lobsterboy:
    I'm sure other CC's are now doing the same and will join in soon :)

That's right Skip. I've already heard back from players saying that they contacted the owner of their club or copied/pasted my original post into their CC forum and are just waiting for answers.

Getting 12 people to play Santa is pretty easy, getting 144 takes a wee bit more time. I'm sure it will start filling up in the next few days.

• gdbadel
    208 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2013 1:22 AM

SHRUDE:

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    will take the NINTH day!

Thanks MrCaddie - What a fantastic thing to do - glad AAA agree to be a part of it.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2013 1:37 AM

ZioMio:
    I see some of the Biggest and Best CC's haven't jumped in yet.

Zio!

Thanks for the inspiration bro. I've been thinking about what you said (above), so I just spent the last 15 mins or so posting messages on the walls of some of the owners of the top CC's on WGT and asked them if their CC would like to participate. Let's see what happens.

It should be noted that I've heard back from other CC's that have told me that they actually hold a similar event within their own CC during Christmas, which is commendable, and so won't be able to join us as asking their members to sponsor both events would be too much to ask....and I respect that.

Thanks for the idea.

MC

• petercooper1958
    705 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2013 1:42 AM

Lo and on the ninth day

Aussie Aussie Aussie stepped onto the tee,

But what are their gifts?

We'll just have to wait to see.

As I am one of the very few players wearing pants that seem to be made from the linoleum on mum's kitchen floor I'm plonking for more of the same for others but we will just have to wait to find out eh!

Coops

Aussie Club Captain

RSS