Forums

Help › Forums

Qualifying Round .... TUFF!

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2009 9:29 PM (65 replies)
  • SWAMPBUCK
    16 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:08 AM

MAN! I thought I was doing good at this game till I played the Qualifying Round. If your not dead solid perfect on every shot your sunk.. I also think upgrading your clubs and balls would be a good idea before playing.

I can barely reach most landing areas with the starter clubs and balls. Also just the slightest miss hit and your way off target.. The one upside is the greens are fairly flat,....but they are fast!

I am just glad I can play unlimited times.. While not very sporting I need all the practice I can get..lol

• maxamus
    10 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:12 AM

i agree with you,going from hack to master in a few days have doomed me lol.

cant even reach the fairway on some shots.

• Badputter
    22 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 7:50 AM

That was hard...   Shot 82, and only had 26 putts......

You're right about the length.

Lots of holes can't be reached in regulation with the starter set, and in some cases can't even reach the fairway from the tee.

Deep rough as well. Don't be greedy, take your medicine, and play it out.

Have avoided the club upgrade until now (swing speed seems too quick), but may have to invest.

On the other hand, it's fun to play a different course, and I did enjoy it. Well, "enjoy" may not be the right word....

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 8:08 AM

I have the tour starters and even with them you can not hit the green or fairways on some of the holes.

Maybe they can bump the yardage on your clubs as your teirs go up.

As an example as an Amature you hit the clubs 5yds more, Pro 10yds more and Master 15yds more.

This would reflect real life more, because any Pro can pick up a jump club and hit it well. It is the skill level of the player, not the clubs that matter the most.

• cccuta5
    4 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 8:22 AM

Have the PING driver and irons, still cannot hit the fairway, espically #5 (go into the bunker, or lay up and go into the ruough), sort of a Shopie's Choice.

If you could hot the driver 300 yards this might be fair, but you can't sop this is really unfair test.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:00 AM

They have taken any fun out of this game. Completly unrealistic and unfair. If anyone dared played from the pro tees (in real life) with the distances this games players hit, they would be laughed off the course.

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:06 AM

wow just the hitting is so much harder now. Everything is super sensitive

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:07 AM

really jumpy too

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:10 AM

and the load issues are back. Whatever last nights gameplay update was other than adding bethpage, it made the game worse

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:23 AM

the putting is awful. I CLICKED THE BUTTON AND IT DOESNT STOP RIGHT AWAY. What are you guys doin to us, seriously. How can I click the mouse and then i watch the meter move another INCH.

RSS