Forums

Help › Forums

Qualifying Round .... TUFF!

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2009 9:29 PM (65 replies)
  • Nuge
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 3:22 PM

0 trees, it was a 60-70% lie but when I have 40-50s I can get about 80% effectiveness out of most clubs, and I only got like 30% out of my 5i in this lie

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 3:23 PM

it it was 60-70 that basically means burried. From my experience with those, even on Kiawah, you were lucky to get as far as you did

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 6:22 PM

Think this is one of the points they need to work on. I see the pros in the deep rough and still recover. I'm a total hack in real life and even in my backyard, and believe me it's deep rough,  I can grab 100 yrds with a pitchin wedge.

Oh well, won't keep me from playin

Mike 

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 6:41 PM

yea i agree. Anytime you are in mulch or weeds on the other course, its too much also. Now sure you prob cant be hitting hybrids and 3 irons out of deep stuff, but a 6 iron you usually hit 160, you should be able to get at least 125-130 from deep rough

• thelmer
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 6:42 PM

I just really find it amazing that two folks have shot 64's .....  they must have top of the line "mouses" or something that could be giving them a technical edge...or they possess so very strong nerves of steel!!!

The site is wonderful....seems like you really do justice to the difficulty of the course and layout.

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 6:58 PM

Computer does help alot. I played a few rounds on a friend's new alienware comp and it was so smooth and nice. Soem of the game play things that people might think arent right are still there, but there was no skip, no freezing. Alot of that is people's comps and site traffic, and its hard to really fix that

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 10:47 PM

I loved playing my first round even though my score was high. What I want to know is how in the %$*& did I end up in the pro tier. If you look at my scoring in the past it is a joke for me to be in this tier at all. When I turned amature my scores went way up which I lived with. But putting me in a tier that you can in no way justify given my scoring is just plain stupid. Ok, WGT I want you to give me a freaking explanation of how with my averages I got to be a pro. Because as bad as I am you have made it impossible for me now. AS bad as I am all the practice in the world for me wont make up for the fact of what you have done, because I am as good as I was going to get given the amount of time I can play. I guess you have made the decision for me as to if I am going to continue to try or not. Maybe in the future sometime, but as for now, you have given me the invitation to leave and that is what I am doing. Thanks a lot!!!

• Lightwt10
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 7:28 PM

I am very confused.  I looked at the leaderboard for the qualifying round and the scores are for 18 holes.

Everytime I play, it starts on hole 10 and I only play 9 holes?  is something wrong with the way I am trying to qualify?

• hezzy111
    16 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 7:37 PM

to the bloke who said 71 will be the cut - i hope you're wrong - i just had 72 and am spent trying to improve it haha.

• Lightwt10
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 8:39 PM

hezzy, how did you start on hole 1???

RSS