Forums

Help › Forums

Notebook - Automated spreadsheet (alternative to virtual notebook)

Sat, Jul 25 2020 2:57 PM (125 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 6:14 AM

I admire anyone who can write a computer program so well done Kat for having the ability to do something like that, it looks very good, but I won't be requesting the use of it as most of the time I play multiplayer games and am pretty slow anyways, so having to look up things in a virtual notebook might make me even slower.

When you were searching for something before you created your program did you check out Microsofts Onenote?  It is a very comprehensive notebook where you can compile copious notes, scribblings, captured images, video recordings, audio recordings, make little sketches, just about anything really. Might be worth a look just out of curiosity.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 6:35 AM

Hi Kat,

I would really like to try that out, also. I need all the help I can get. My notes are so disorganized, I quit using them. I sent a friend request. If you accept, I'll message you. Thanks, Jay

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 7:43 AM

I would love it Kat!   Between all my notes lying around and spilt coffee on some of them lol…I sure could use a good system for keeping an organized way.

Does it work on Mac computers?

Thanks, 

Patricia...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 7:51 AM

Kat, that is an impressive piece of kit, very well done.

This is a tool enabling you to take your own notes for future use (there's more than just that though) and it also has some shot calculators as well. It really is a great piece of work. I don't think WGT will have a problem with it, I expect their course notes will be entirely different from what Kat has put together.

Again, Kat, thank you for sharing this.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 8:18 AM

Kat, very impressive.

I had started something like this in excel, then had filters for courses and holes, but it was very labor intensive and actually became redundant for myself. After nearly 4000 ranked rounds, it takes me less then 10 secs to decide on my next shot (this isn't always a good thing) Most times I have the shot planned the minute I see the ball land and the remaining yardage to the hole is displayed. 

When I started I had many, many notes, and a product like this would have came in real handy. 

Thank you for all your hard work, and I am sure the community will be thankful for your contribution.

Cheers,

b0gey

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 4:47 PM

ScottHope:
    When you were searching for something before you created your program did you check out Microsofts Onenote?

I have OneNote and use it quite a bit.  I found Excel to work a bit better.  But I'm a bit lazy when it comes to typing repetitive stuff (club used, spin placed on the ball, ball used, etc.).  That's why I wrote this.  I wanted something that fit this game perfectly and give me a search for what I was looking for in a matter of seconds.  

As for using it with a MP or AS game, it's great as long as you're only doing searches.  You simply don't have enough time to record a note ... unless you do it when the other player is taking his/her shot.  I'm not saying it's not possible.  I love playing MP and AS, mainly for the chatting ... and I can't take notes if I'm chatting.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 4:56 PM

patriciawilliams:
    Does it work on Mac computers?

I haven't tested it on a Mac, but it wouldn't hurt to try.  I sent you a friend invite and will let you know what you'll need to do to get it to work on a Mac.  Send me a PM and we'll discuss further.

Kat ♥

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2013 5:21 PM

As a contributor, i would like to take a look at what  you have compiled please.

Thank you

Pee

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2013 6:34 PM

ithurtswnipee:

As a contributor, i would like to take a look at what  you have compiled please.

Thank you

Pee

Sent you a friend request ... send me a message and I'll send you the link.

Kat

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2013 11:29 PM

I received a comment today regarding "Best of" courses.  This person wanted to know if when you post a note on a "Best of" course, does the information also show up on the actual course when you do a search?

First, to answer the question ... it's currently "No" ... but it is a great idea.  Does anyone know the actual course/hole for each of the "Best of" courses?  I'd love to have the notes duplicated for the actual course!

Thanks all ... and for those of you who downloaded already, I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions.

RSS