Help › Forums

skill level?????

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 27 2009 10:44 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • semorgan
    17 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 11:55 PM

Same problem here. Jumped from Hack to pro and can not even reach the fairway with a perfect shot. Mistake????

• xcaliburone
    38 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 3:19 AM

same situation here, was 68.33 amateur, new tiers come out next day, i'm in master bracket, lumped in with guys who avg. in mid 50's, shoot 2 rounds at BPB and my avgis back over 70...?????

please someone tell me what the tier score ranges are

• goodwalkwasted
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 9:06 AM

My only complaint is when I play the U.S. Open course, tee off  and can't reach the fairway even with a perfect drive. I'm hitting a four iron just to get out of the rough and there's no hope of even a par. It did however, make me a more accurate driver but my average went from 73 to 84 and I'm still supposedly a pro. In real life I could barely break 100........ some pro.

• sgt1010
    1 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:49 AM

I to went from a hack to pro, it was when i tried the us open course, I haven't tried Kiawah  again to see if I go back. The problem is yardage, on Behtpage there are 3 holes that I cant reach the fairway with my current driver. Most par 4's im not getting to the green until my 3rd shot. I checked the leaderboard and I see a guy shot a "64", there must be a way to create more distance with your clubs than just upgrading, they only show an average of 230 yards for the Ping & Taylor Made, an extra 5 yards is not going to help shoot a 64 on that course. Any suggestions or does anyone know how to increase the distance with your clubs.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 12:06 PM

Here's your answer sgt....

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/2077.aspx

all equip his equipment is available in the pro shop, no enhancements =)

He is just that good. Period.

Lee

• peteRap
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 6:41 PM

It happened to me hack to pro It is a big step up. It might be a move to have us buy new equipment, cause I'm gunna need it!

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:44 AM

I've been reading the post's regarding the new tiers and I must say everyone who is complaining about moving up to a pro or master must be scratch golfers away from this virtual golf game! This is just a GAME fellas! dont take it so hard . I too was moved from amature to pro with my average of 68  and I must say it is much more tougher, with that said.. this game is the close'st to the real thing when it comes to miss hits reads on the green etc. I  like many other golfers have bought top of the line clubs (taylormade) and it has helped my game some what I now play to a 10.2 HCP  but its real! when I miss a drive or a green or a putt I dont blame the corse or the clubs! LOL!Enjoy the game here on this site guy's!! You dont have to play  a acual stroke play game if you need practice.. click on practice and do just that PRACTICE!

• PAGES
RSS