Forums

Help › Forums

WGT complaints

Tue, Oct 18 2022 4:30 PM (47 replies)
  • ez2putt
    210 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 9:46 AM

I submitted a complaint about a skin game I was in on Oct 14th. I was wondering if they ever get back to you or how long it takes. I was taken for numerous credits.......I would like to be repaid , this isn't the first time it has happened and I am sure it won't be the last. I have been taken for over $10 in credits in the past little while. If this continues I will be forced to quit a game I really like. Cannot afford to lose money like this , and don't even get an email from them. I guess no one who can do anything about this errors really don't care about the consumer!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:27 AM

hi

i checked on our end and no emails. are you using webform or members@worldgolftour.com email?

-wgticon

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2013 12:53 PM

ez2putt:
    I will be forced to quit a game I really like. Cannot afford to lose money like this

No need to quit the game if you really enjoy it.  There are plenty of formats to play this game where there are no credits on the line,( with the exception of premium ball usage if you use them).

• Marilean
    54 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:13 AM

I have now been unsuccessful in completion of 2 blitz rounds due to blue screen and have been logged out of wgt and signed in as a guest can anyone tell me what causes this as I am at whits end

Marilean

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 1:52 PM

Marilean:

I have now been unsuccessful in completion of 2 blitz rounds due to blue screen and have been logged out of wgt and signed in as a guest can anyone tell me what causes this as I am at whits end

Marilean

Perhaps you need to start your own thread in the forums, or use the search box to the right and try searching "blue screen" or something of that nature.

• gljackart
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2015 9:02 AM

I agree, I have spent 4000 credits since April 30, and because of errors, and meter screw ups, I have nothing left, I Will NOT spend one more cent until WGT gets their issues corrected. In the middle of a game, I hit a tree, they took my ball, and forced me to use starter balls when I had WGT 12 balls. I sent complaints several times, but no response. I am done!!!!!!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2015 11:04 AM

gljackart:

and forced me to use starter balls when I had WGT 12 balls.

Your problem is you don't yet know the ins-and-outs of being a WGT player.

We can only equip our bag with 1 make/model of ball for a game. If we hit the last of that make/model of ball our bag is equipped with - OB, in water, in weeds, or it runs out of durability - the other make/models of balls we have in our inventory are not with us there on the golf course in our bag.

Experienced players know to make sure they have enough of the equipped make/model of ball they want to play a game with so they don't use the last one during a game and then have to finish the game with the starter ball.

This aspect of playing WGT has been discussed on a regular basis in these forums for several years now. There are a ton of threads on the subject in the forums.

Personally, I never have fewer than 3 of the same make/model of ball equipped in my bag when I start a game.

You may also want to note that in real golf many amateur and professional tournaments invoke a USGA allowed local rule known as the One Ball Condition (found in Appendix I of the rule book), which states that a player must use the same make/model of ball for the entire round. Breech of the rule is disqualification. WGT does not disqualify use, and instead, and though they don't have to, WGT gives us a free, starter ball so we can finish our game.

• jav1947
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 10:15 PM

I wonder f we all quit playing for a month what would happen

• ronie47
    140 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 4:52 AM

Above  not relative !! but trying to post complaint itrying /very trying !

I complained that $50 had been deducted from my account by WGT in error . This was rectified very quickly THKS !  PROBLEM !  on my statement ,shows debit & credit for item, but it has cost me $4 for you mistake Debit £36.20 ( $50) inc ex rate trans fee. Credit £33.72 (inc ex rate& transfee )   NOT ON !! Very dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 5:25 AM

ronie47:

Above  not relative !! but trying to post complaint itrying /very trying !

I complained that $50 had been deducted from my account by WGT in error . This was rectified very quickly THKS !  PROBLEM !  on my statement ,shows debit & credit for item, but it has cost me $4 for you mistake Debit £36.20 ( $50) inc ex rate trans fee. Credit £33.72 (inc ex rate& transfee )   NOT ON !! Very dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!  That truly sux eggs.

RSS