Forums

Help › Forums

Golf World's No. 1 Resort

Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:13 PM (30 replies)
  • elis2008
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:15 PM

i live in upstate ny and we have a course that has hosted pga events and chapions tour events and is very resonable

• MalamaMakena
    42 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 12:02 PM

I live on Maui.

We have great courses in Hawaii.  Two best - Plantation at Kapalua, Maui, and The Prince at Princeville, Kauai.

• mark11861
    13 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 9:31 PM

r u talking about turnning stone/

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 7:34 PM

Maui is a good place to play golf, I've played Kapalua, its very nice. but the first hole, it poured like hell, 2 holes later, it was so sunny

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:50 AM

I have played the Kiawah island courses several times, there are 4 I think with the Ocean Course being the gem.  The other courses are good but I don't really care that much for the remote location of the resort.  There are at least 3 or 4 more that I feel are better.  Pinehurst has 9 courses at the resort with another dozen within 15 miles and a great clubhouse with food, lodging, etc. that is very nice.  Hilton Head has around 30 golf courses on the island and another 30 or so within 20 miles.  While Myrtle Beach is a little commercialized for me it has around 100 courses some of which are great.  You have to watch out though because from North Myrtle Beach all the way down to the south part where there are several great courses is 2 hours.  The TPC south of Jacksonville has 2 great courses and one of my favorite resorts, the World Golf Villiage down about 30 miles south of Jacksonville, FL has 2 great courses and a wonderful villiage with dining, shopping. hotels, etc. and another 4 or 5 good courses close by.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 5:38 PM

I would love to play there!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 8:55 PM

There are great courses all overr the world..Ive played a few of the top 100. Very scenic and well kept. Not crazy about some of the greens fees, but I think someone is missing the point. By that Its the idea in the PGA that we have to have the best this and the best that. What ever happened to the good old community courses..They always have something stupid or quirky...Not always in the best condition, but the greens should always be well taken care of..Im lucky to have many of these type of courses within a 2 hours drive from  where I live...green fees are seldom over 20$...some are even play and pay by honors..there is a can by the first tee..10$ is recomended...but to me  thats what golf is all about.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 9:14 AM

One of the great and inexpensive places to play is in the state of Alabama.  About 15 years ago they took the state employees pension funds and developed, I think 7 now golf complexes throughout the state.  Robert Trent Jones did all the design work on the courses.  The clubhouses at each are indentical.  The complexes which are located all over the state, generally have 2 18 hole courses and an 18 hole par three course.  The par three course plays from 150 yards to 230 yards per hole, not an executive par three course.  The courses generally have 5 sets of tees and are color coded with a handicap range on the card so you can tell where you should play from.  The last time I played there you could buy a weekly pass for $129 giving you unlimited play on all courses for the week.  While the courses aren't all within 2 miles like Pinehurst, you can stay at each complex for 2 days and then drive to the next.  Birmingham is the center of Alabama and there are two complexes there and one in Gadsden, about 30 miles away.  The NIKE tour played their tour championship on the complex down in southeast Alabama, can't remember the town but it is where the University of Auburn is.  Great places to go play golf, a liitle remote but well worth it.

• Rich13
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 6:06 PM

i Love the Turtle Bay Golf Resort - Fazio on Oahu

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:21 PM

^^^

I've played Turtle Bay before. I had to use rental clubs, and lost the Sand Wedge! Lucky, someone returned it in! lol

RSS