Forums

Help › Forums

getting to next level master tour master legend?

Mon, Jan 23 2023 2:50 PM (74 replies)
  • wantoplayme
    41 Posts
    Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:15 PM

How does this work getting to the next level? thank you

• Silverfox11407
    26 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2013 2:13 PM
    • When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete as listed above are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Pro Tour tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

• wantoplayme
    41 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:02 PM

thank you very much that helps alot know I now how it works :)

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:59 AM

Once you hit legend you have 500 ranked rounds to do.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 3:05 PM

Very concise explanation. ty

• lluciano
    536 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 4:52 PM

It didn't work that way for me.

Let me explain, a short while ago I made master, played a few rounds, a couple of placings in the weeklies, and a placing in an RG, with an average of 69.38, I was promoted to TM.

Lucky

• kenneydavis
    109 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 1:29 AM

WOW! I'd  call that more than lucky. How you acomplished that is  strange, are you sure your not related to a W.G.T.software Tech ,grandpa wgt. Cause how your avg didnt go to 72 like everyone else is almost unbelievable.but hey more power to ya..gl

• paul167
    154 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 3:47 AM

can anyone tell me if your average dropping is random,im progressing slowly down but 29s and 31s seem to drop score by the same amount 0.01,then sometimes you hit a 30 and score doesn't go down?? any thoughts

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 4:27 AM

paul167:

can anyone tell me if your average dropping is random,im progressing slowly down but 29s and 31s seem to drop score by the same amount 0.01,then sometimes you hit a 30 and score doesn't go down?? any thoughts

Your average most definitely isn't random I plot mine using a simple excel spreadsheet (other brands are available) and it is EXACT. However I only play stroke play. Doing well in RGs and beating higher tiered players in MP affects your average in ways WGT won't disclose but it would appear the effects of such a win last around 25 rounds, (whatever that effect is) and the effect decreases over those 25 rounds, this is then complicated in the extreme if in the mean time, you do well in another RG or beat another higher tiered player, at this time tracking the effect becomes (for me) impossible.

• Tgalespki
    3 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 4:43 AM

well put....tks for the info....

RSS