Forums

Help › Forums

Someone please answer this!

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 16 2009 8:47 PM (4 replies)
  • Kamikaze509
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 6:54 AM

Why is it that my score is going up every time I play. The lowest I got down to was like 75.33 now it goes up slightly after every game.  I don't know what I am doing wrong and how I can move up to amateur. If anybody knows what this is please tell me! Thank you

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 7:50 AM

When you play a round your score is figured into the average. If you shoot a higher round it will slightly go up, if it is a lower round it will slighty go down

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 8:04 AM

DUDE, THE ONLY WAY TO LOWER YOUR AVG IS TO SHOOT A LOWER SCORE THAN YOUR PREVIOUS SCORE, AND THEN WHEN U GET TO A 69 AVG YOU WILL BECOME AN AMATEUR. THEN MY FRIEND YOU CAN WATCH YOUR AVG GO ALL THE WAY BACK UP TO WERE IT IS NOW.  HAVE FUN

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 8:19 AM

practice makes perfect....but no-body`s perfect, so why bother? theres a clue in there sumwhere!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 8:47 PM

This is why I think we should go to a handicap system- rather than ratings.

As your game improves your handicap decreases - and as that decreases you slowly work your way through the different tiers.

Handicaps are used in real golf - why not hear. It would cut out a lot of cheating to. As you post a better score your handicap falls.

Maybe I'm being to simplistic here ? or am I missing something.

Just my 2 bobs worth

Cheers Doug

RSS