Forums

Help › Forums

Pavin, Woods and the Ryder Cup

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:09 AM (31 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 2:40 PM

After T.Woods' poor showing at Whistling Straits, what do you think should happen with the Ryder Cup?  As it sits now the only way Woods plays is as a Captain's Pick.

• Pavin invites and Woods accepts?
    • Pavin invites and Woods declines?
    • Pavin does not invite?

Personally, with the way he (Woods) has been playing lately, I would prefer that he not even be anywhere near Celtic Manor.  

My hope is Pavin does not invite.

Thoughts?

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 2:48 PM

Snaike:

Pavin invites and Woods declines?

This seems to me the best solution all around. Pavin makes a show of inviting TW out of respect for his ranking and past achievements. TW graciously declines, citing his recent poor play.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 4:27 PM

Snaike:

After T.Woods' poor showing at Whistling Straits, what do you think should happen with the Ryder Cup?  As it sits now the only way Woods plays is as a Captain's Pick.

• Pavin invites and Woods accepts?
    • Pavin invites and Woods declines?
    • Pavin does not invite?

Personally, with the way he (Woods) has been playing lately, I would prefer that he not even be anywhere near Celtic Manor.  

My hope is Pavin does not invite.

Thoughts?

Tiger has already said that he would accept the invite if corey gives it to him.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 5:06 PM

speedyschic:
    Tiger has already said that he would accept the invite if corey gives it to him.
    Which is why I hope that Pavin does not pick him.

• carlos415
    62 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 5:45 PM

Why bother making it a televised event then?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 9:09 PM

carlos415:

Why bother making it a televised event then?

Because it's the "Ryder Cup" and not "Tiger's Jock-sniffing Open".

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:24 AM

Snaike answer this for me, what has Tiger done for the U.S. Team?  Alll I can think of is his presence will intimidate the Europeans, but after all his "sideactions" I don't think he has that ability.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:45 AM

Would rather see Pavin pick a player that is hot and would be an asset to the overall team.  Tiger is not "hot", and I have always viewed him as a distraction for these types of events.  Picking someone out of respect doesn't make much sense here, and really I think Tiger should just take the rest of the year off, hang with the kids, practice and get his sh*t together.  Nobody fears him right now. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 9:14 AM

neildiamond11790:
    Nobody fears him right now.

Brilliant.  +1

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 9:29 AM

Snaike I just had to tell you this story being that your the biggest Eldrick fan I know lol.  So at the PGA when Eldrick was teeing off one guy said "In the hole" as Tiger watched his tee shot.  Right as the guy finished yelling that another responded with "that's what she said."  And if that wasn't enough a third guy desided to say "that's what Ellin used to want."

I had to laugh at it, good old Wisconsin fans.... Gotta love them lol 

RSS