Forums

Help › Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:09 AM (211 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 11:59 AM

I am going to sticky this thread. Thanks for the work fellas, it'ls very helpful :)

-wgticon

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 12:14 PM

WGTicon:

I am going to sticky this thread. Thanks for the work fellas, it'ls very helpful :)

-wgticon

Good on ya for that Icon!!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 1:13 PM

WGTicon:

I am going to sticky this thread.

I sure hope that's ectoplasm.

*picture removed in case if caused any offence to anyone*

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:50 PM

bhoese:

L94 Nike 

Here's the new Nike.  If you already have the L77, what do you get for another $35?  It all depends on that ball all by itself to the left.  If that only happens once in 100 putts but by chance showed up in this sample, then you're buying a stroke every couple of rounds IF your reads are as consistent as the other 19 results.  If it happens once every 10 putts but only showed up once here, then there isn't much difference at all.

Yeah I was looking in the pro shop to see if I should up-grade from the L77 Nike to the L94. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. 3500 credits for 1/2 a Dot better precision!

That's just too damn funny.

• adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 11:19 PM

I would be interested to see how the new putters with 5 dots of precision do.

It's good test thanks for your efforts.

I would love to see how the Odyssey stacks up. I have the lvl 71 one and love it, mainly because I can ding it 80% of the time.

• flogomatic
    65 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2013 8:56 PM

kudos on this research!

• slillico
    393 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 5:31 AM

Lesthanpar:

Chinajohn:
    The difference is if the putter (the equipment not the person) lacks precision you can be the greatest reader of a slope in the history of WGT but you STILL won't get the ball in the hole

That is my point. Nutbluff does find the bottom of the hole with that putter.

His stats are impressive with that putter, but he does seem to stick to certain tournaments, I'd be interested to see if he upped it a notch and went to the RG's whether the putter would hold up to the increased deviations.

But still very impressive indeed.

306 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 6:56 AM

I have a question regarding putting. I see listed on all the courses next to the "Best of Par 3 Holes a window titled Putter Training. I've clicked on this window and all I receive is…..nothing. It goes no where. If I'm doing something wrong kindly inform me,however, if the site is not reedy to be launched then please remove it until it is available. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• Therockdoctor
    232 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 11:00 AM

brilliant thread !!!!!!!!!!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 2:26 PM

Yes it is, and now I have the high level Versa it matters not if no-one tests it, but I assure everyone it is a brilliant putter.

You may look at the dots and think, is half a dot of precision worth 35 bucks, well it surely is. I have a superb CC owner who helped me get it , and I will be eternally grateful for his kindness.

RSS