Forums

Help › Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:09 AM (211 replies)
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 7:52 PM

can we run the test with the high level sabretooth? I've noticed a few more putts jump off line than they should

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:35 PM

pdb1:
    Miantiao:
    Putter pal and shot pal all have 10 increments, no matter which putter or club. 10% per increment. 15ft putt I'll hit the first increment of 150ft meter, but an 18 ft putt I'll hit 30% of 60ft meter. These are distances hit, not distances to the cup..
    The first putter increment w / 150' meter = 16.6 ' .....................................w / 100' meter = 14.2' ......................Some prefer watching and putting by these increments . Using the 50' meter . Shots under 50 ' can hit using 10' per increment on the putter and the meter as well . Very accurate .

There are ten even increments for each scale. As such, each increment equals 10% of the chosen scale. 10% of 150 equals 15, and 10% of 15 equals 1.5.

Look mate, all that you have posted regarding increments is garbage and only serves to mislead others. 

I'll let my putting stats speak for themselves. How are yours?

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 1:39 PM

pdb1:

Miantiao:
    Look mate, all that you have posted regarding increments is garbage and only serves to mislead others. 

I am sorry you are not understanding the method or the types of increments I am referring to .

Let me explain it .

As you draw your putter back . You will see it jerk slightly . This will happen in precise and equal increments for the entire swing or meter length .

Each type of putter has a different count of increments . Each increment has a distance equal in each increment .

It is the putter swing that has the increments I am talking about . A different method than you are talking about .

Many WGTers use this method to measure how far the ball is going to travel . because it is so precise . And tried and tested .

It is obvious that you have not been aware of this method . I have not mislead anyone . And only mean to inform . I usually have my facts in order .

But have been wrong many times . Not this time though .

Paul

It appears you are describing the level of forgiveness, not distance increments. Putter Pal uses 10 increments, regardless of which putter you use.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 3:54 PM

Miantiao:
    It appears you are describing the level of forgiveness, not distance increments. Putter Pal uses 10 increments, regardless of which putter you use.
    He's talking about Avatar putter increments.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 3:56 PM

I do it by the ticks of the backswing.  That was how I was taught on the forums 5 years ago and works good.

Now if I could only putt, I would be a Champion

RSS