Forums

Help › Forums

We need your support....

Fri, Sep 13 2013 2:18 PM (78 replies)
  • Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 2:58 PM

Hey Guys & Gals,

although most of you know me as Win1Soon, my name is Jason. Just as we all have real life communities we get involved with and often reach out to, I strongly consider WGT to be my second home community in many ways thanks to the many great friends I have made here over the years. So.... when I'm not spending whats left of my spare time on WGT playing golf (which sadly hasn't been often as of late) I work very hard with a few music artist often 7 days a week. Which brings me str8 to the point.... I am working side by side heavily right now with someone I believe in with all my heart and need Your Help. "David Grey" This gent has been sitting on some music for years that has never been released. Country music fan or not, David wrote, sung and produced all the music linked below as well as much more.

In effort to help him create a higher fan base and re-vamp some of his social networking I "kinda" entered David in the National "Guitar Center Singer Songwriter with Don Was competition, in hope to simply draw some traffic, right?. Well long and short... lol, 24 hours later I checked back in on the Comp and was simply floored to see David was at number 12 in the Nation!! They are breaching 800 contestants and that number is climbing daily very fast. While David is still sitting in top 20. At this point I'm thinking what a story, and why not put the pedal to the floor and gas it, as well as get home from my friends.

So...how this contest works is... If someone just clicks the link and listens and says to themselves "awe that's nice, good for this David Guy"  and leaves the page, it does nothing to help him in the contest. A person actually has to visit the page and share it via the international (share) symbol on the page. You see.. a person can only win or get noticed by the music going viral via social media. Hope all that makes some kind of sense so far.

You are very very intelligent people and players, as well as a creative thinkers... Any ideas would be great! The ultimate idea is to get his music heard in hope to pitch these tunes. Thank You all so very much as this would help me and my family as well!!

Here's the link.. http://songwriter.revimage.com/channels/David+Grey+Music

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 4:59 PM

You don't have to live in the States to SHARE.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:11 PM

bump

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:13 PM

TY Lonnie!!

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:38 PM

oh sweet - the first tune - somehow marked favorite or featured or something was actually good but my least favorite - the other 4 i listened to were awesome - 6 o'clock news got my ear for sure.  I love you two was great - nice lyrics and such - and the last one on the next page - very very good.

this guy should be on the radio all day long!  

shared as well btw

• dansamcam
    1,739 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:43 PM

Done!!  ...I used facebook.

I'm not a big fan of country music. So my opinion means little but he sure sounds good. I hope sharing his link on my timeline will help you my friend.

Good luck Jason

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:46 PM

TY Duff...And YES i agree. But I left "Cowboy's and Engines as the land in song for two reasons. 1, up tempo 2, the vast majority of active listeners are ages 13-33. So... If was a lil older generation your 100% correct my friend! Great Call. And btw... I can still make say... "6 o clock news" the landing vid if the rest of the community know the information I just stated above still agrees it needs to be. SO, COM ON WGT... get involved I'm listening and can change things :-)

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:47 PM

Dan TY! Again, you humble me :-)

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:50 PM

Win1Soon:

TY Duff...And YES i agree. But I left "Cowboy's and Engines as the land in song for two reasons. 1, up tempo 2, the vast majority of active listeners are ages 13-33. So... If was a lil older generation your 100% correct my friend! Great Call. And btw... I can still make say... "6 o clock news" the landing vid if the rest of the community know the information I just stated above still agrees it needs to be. SO, COM ON WGT... get involved I'm listening and can change things :-)

landing page or not - point out they can listen to the others very easily - i must say - it's well worth the extra clicks - this guy has a terrific tone - does he write this music too?  awesome either way.

I did enjoy cowboys and engines - the sonoco sign in the background - I'm ready to watch some nascar now :)

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:55 PM

Yes, he wrote, sung and produced/arranged all the music! and that's not the best songs he has either. He has farmed out a couple songs to some local artist here on the coast in hope to boost their dreams. What a guy

RSS