Forums

Help › Forums

Suggestion for around Christmas time NC, SC, or other

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 9 2013 1:19 AM (8 replies)
  • JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 4:32 PM

What I am looking for is some golf, some beach, somewhere. 

I am looking for  2 bedroom type place within short walk to beach and activities along with being pet friendly and modest price. 

Readyyyyy GOOO

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:41 PM

Troon in Scotland, reasonable prices, play the Open course, walk on the beach....

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:47 PM

PaulTon:
    Troon in Scotland, reasonable prices, play the Open course, walk on the beach....

Paul!!

Scotland dont have golf in December, its all closed for winter..Likewise Denmark, you cant golf when grass stop grow and risc. for snow. It will ruin the course if the play on it in winterseason!

Egon

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:49 PM

Not much walking involved, the sea comes to you lmao

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:55 PM

egonweber:

PaulTon:

Paul!!

Scotland dont have golf in December, its all closed for winter..Likewise Denmark, you cant golf when grass stop grow and risc. for snow. It will ruin the course if the play on it in winterseason!

Egon

I'm in Scotland and ( if I were crazy enough) can play right through the winter. Winter tees and greens are set up on most courses.

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 6:35 PM

PaulTon:
    I'm in Scotland and ( if I were crazy enough) can play right through the winter. Winter tees and greens are set up on most courses.

Ok thx for info, i just thought you closed em down in winter, like we do here. Well i know you are crazy, its hard to hide ;-)

Egon

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:00 PM

Too funny Paul but I am traveling with 2 older people one younger person and 2 dogs. They ferry does not run from NY to Scotland anymore. 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:52 PM

Referring to "or other" ... Torrey Pines in San Diego ... weather is nice (some days it's in the 70's) and close to the beach.  Not too sure about pet friendly accommodations, but I'm sure you could find something close by.

http://www.torreypinesgolfcourse.com/_tpgallery/index.html

You can also check out the public and municipal courses in and around the San Diego area ... there are several.

Now if you want warm, there are several nice courses in the Palm Springs area ... not real close to the beach, but mostly sunny days in December.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 1:19 AM

PaulTon:
    A day's drive further south they will keep the courses full open, even at "the highest 18 hole course of England" (Kington Golf Club, Kington, ESE from Birmingham).
    <= gulf stream!

One of the tees is on the summit of Bradnor Hill at 1283 ft (391 m)

RSS