Help › Forums

Bethpage Black

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 6:36 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • icecolbud
    9 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 10:07 AM

Wow ! The parameters for those shots are so unbelievably difficult I had to just laugh.

Give me a golf club and a ball and let me play those shots. None of them are anywhere near as difficult as the game makes them. And I think you need to post that 52 score. I REALLY want to watch that, because I don't believe it. I couldn't even hit the greens on 7 of the 9 and I'm a scracth golfer.

• icecolbud
    9 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 8:47 AM

just played the tournament. Wow.... You can't even hit the fairway with perfect shots. Again I want to see the 62 that is leading because again, I DON"T BELIEVE IT! You just can't do it. Parameters are too tight. 1 birdie opportunity on the par 3, got a replay for hitting the stick and stopped within 2 ft only to 3 putt for the bogey.

• Woodman2263
    9 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 1:18 PM

I agree!  Sorry but I don't believe it either.  I have played 1000's of courses over my life including a brief

stint on tour and I have NEVER seen anything this hard before.  I won't believe it unless it gets posted

and I see it.  I don't have a problem with upgrading clubs because this is a business and they are here

to make money, but from what I have read, they don't really seem to help?

• 2eightinches
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 3:19 PM

Agree with everyone above.  The base parameters for this game are no where near real golf situations.  I mean, come on.  I'm hitting 3 shots just to reach the par 4's, and I'm hitting 3 wood into every par 3.  That's just stupid.  Waste of time if you ask me.

Anyone close to par on this thing simply cheated.

• hezzy111
    16 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 3:59 PM

cheated? and you can prove this?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 4:03 PM

"Anyone close to par on this thing simply cheated."

Very bold statement, sir.  And on what fact do you base this assumption?

Can you hit a baseball 500 feet?  No?  I guess Major Leagers are cheating.  Can you bowl consecutive 300 games?  No?  I guess Professional Bowlers are cheating.  Can you run a 4.4 40?  No?  I guess Running backs/ Wide outs are cheating.  Can you shut out professional Hockey players over 3 full periods?  No?  I guess Goalies are cheating.

Just because you can't, does not mean that everyone can't.

Playing this game requires a skill set.  Granted, it's not really an athletic skill set, but it is a skill set nonetheless.  Just because you have not developed it does not diminish the accomplishments of those who have. 

I know that WGT takes accusations of cheating, or hacking, very seriously.  If you are going to bandy about accusations of cheating, please support your position with facts.

• hezzy111
    16 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 4:06 PM

3 putting from 2 feet - that explains why you can't put a score together

• Woodman2263
    9 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:13 AM

Not accusing anyone of cheating, but I would like to know "how" they are posting these numbers? 

Did they upgrade their clubs?  How can I shoot in the 60's when I can't even reach par 3's with a

Std. driver?  I can't even reach the fairways on some holes??  Don't get me wrong,  I think the game

is great and they have done a great job designing it, but what gives?  I am assuming they are trying

to make the game realistic, but who on tour hits it 235yds off the tee with a driver? (maybe Jeff Sluman

back in the day)  I just don't see practicing helping me much when I don't have the gear to put the

ball in play.  I am considering not playing anymore because its way too frustrating for me to hit perfect

tee shots and end up in the deep rough.  Maybe its not the game, maybe its me??  Am I missing

something that others know about?

• birdie123
    16 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 12:47 PM

I PLAYED ON LINE GAME ON THE WEB SITE SKILLGROUND 1 WHERE PEOPLE FOUND A PROGRAM THAT WOULD SLOW DOWN THE SWING METER SPEED SO THEY COULD CONTROL EVERY SHOT NO MISTAKES WHERE MADE IT TOOK A WHILE TO THESE PEOPLE TO GET CAUGHT BUT BEFORE THEY DID THESE LOW LIFES MADE ALOT OF MONEY, BECAUSE THAT THE KIND OF SITE IT WAS YOU GAMBLE ON TOURNAMENTS, FOR THIS REASON I NEVER DID. I JUST HOPE WHOEVER IS RUNNING THIS SITE CHECKS THOSE KIND OF THINGS

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 1:55 PM

Ok.  I am playing with upgraded equipment, and WOW that was tough.  If those are the distances the pros will be playing from, I hope they are all driving over 235-240 off of the tee.  No way to scare if you are the greens are unreachable in 2.  Of course, the pros actually hit the ball over 275, so it is doable.  But in the virtual world...that was just plain frustrating.  I mean....I average around -4 to -5......but just shot two +13's in a row.  CRAZY.  Makes me appreciate what the pros do, and wish that I could at least drive the ball off of the tee box like I do in real life.

• PAGES
RSS