Help › Forums

Bethpage Black

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 6:36 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:49 PM

How much lower is the cutline going to go? Everyday it goes down more and more. Pretty soon the cutline is gonna -2. I just cant catch a break in this tourney.

• icecolbud
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 7:39 AM

Yep sorry but if you score below par you are using a cheat program. It just isn't possible with the game parameters.....

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:24 AM

Icecold you definitely do not have to cheat to shoot par or better.  I would like to extend you a friend invite and the offer to play a round, the choice is your....

• TheDazzla
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 9:10 AM

I've been playing this game fairly and managed to luck in a 74. I could see where there would be room for improvement and maybe I could shoot a few under. I have started atleast 300 games though (i quit if i know i am out of it) and am having a tough time believing the really low posted scores. I understand how good people can be too. I used to play Links online and was always in the top 20 for years but I played all the time. I am having a tough time believing much under -3 or -4 on Bethpage. Not sure I would call them a cheater but am skeptical at this point.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 5:55 AM

Holes 5, 10, and  12, make this tournament un-fun.

• TeigarWoulds
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 7:46 PM

Agree- 78 is as low as I can go so far- much respect to Tibbet! He has obviously learned how all the variables play nicely together, and can execute the shot he wants consistently- shoot, I can barely hit it 'straight' every time... and that's just a damn button click! LOL- must have bad hand / eye coordination and timing on my end of the mouse...

I predict that the winner of the Virtual US open will win it with a score at least 3 above the current cutline... (73+...) but good luck all

I hope that WGT operators can supply us the ability to watch every shot of the winner- Would there be anyway to actually watch the top 20 or so qualifiers... It would be cool- I'd do it...

• JGates
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 6:36 AM

I am using the Starter set of clubs.  I did upgrade my 54 wedge but I still only have a driver that goes 230.  I'm at the cut line with a 70.  IT can be done but you just can't mess up.  You have to make those birdies when you get the chance cause there are a few holes where bogey is probable.  Having the upgraded driver would probably put me where I want to be but I probably wont upgrade anything else yet.  Just because Tibbets shot a 62 does not mean that is the score to beat in the final round.  Remember you only get 1 chance and the conditions are going to be different.  Just have to keep practicing.

• PAGES
RSS